Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check my work: Wiring Harness For H22 using VX harness.

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check my work: Wiring Harness For H22 using VX harness.

okay i'm just going to run down what i've done, and what i'm still doing. I've read a million posts and a millions how tos and looked at several wiring diagrams thanks to you guys!.

the car is a 92 vx hatch. I have two harnesses. Both are VX harnesses. The reason i have two is to save on downtime.

<U>Oxygen Sensor:</U>

White to D14.
(I cut the orange/blue wire from the VX harness and soldered the white wire for the prelude oxygen sensor. THIS WILL WORK RIGHT??? the orange/blue wire goes to pin D14 on the civic harness.... and thats where the prelude wire needs to go.)

Green/White to Green/white on EGR valve
(I simply ran it along the wiring harness following to where the EGR valve was and spliced in.)

Yellow/Black to Yellow/Black on Idle Air Control Valve.(same as the EGR wire... followed the harness to the wire on the IACV, and spliced in.)

Orange/White to A6
(This was simlar to the white to d14 wire.... I just wired the orange/white from the prelude o2sensor to the yellow/black of the vx harness, it traces to a6 according to the Honda ETM's)

<U>VTEC Wiring</U>

(none, right? its already there and plug and play)

<U>EGR</U>

(none, there and plug and play)

<U>Air Bypass Sol</U>
Pink to A17
THIS IS WHERE I HAVE A QUESTION&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; According to the Genuine honda civic ETM... pin a17 is used by a different sensor on the harness already. They cal it the: A/T Lock up Control Solenoid Valve B. Is this only on a A/T tranny car with a A/T tranny ECU? If so then that answeres my question but then does that mean I have to run that pink wire directly to the ECU?

Black/Yellow to Black/Yellow on Vehicle speed Sensor

(just ran this wire to the corresponding wire on the vehicle speeed sensor, following the harness, and keeping it clean)

<U>Knock Sensor</U>

Red/Blue to D3
(ran it along the harness, all the way back to the Oxygen sensor plug... The VX lost a wire from the downgrade in quantity of o2 sensor wires. It used to have a wire going to D3, so I ran the knock sensor wire back to that White wire of the VX harness.)

Man i hope this isnt confusing. haha

I'm hoping one of you h22 hybrid pros with wiring experience can look this over.

PS- i have a question about the resistor that i'll add later

thanks in advance
-Andrew

Old 02-11-2004, 10:18 AM

Default Re: Check my work: Wiring Harness For H22 using VX harness. (EGhatched)

bump, bump up, thats the sound to the .....
Old 02-12-2004, 11:55 AM

Default Re: Check my work: Wiring Harness For H22 using VX harness. (EGhatched)

bump