Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CAR WONT STAY RUNNING....PLZ HELP ASAP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 CAR WONT STAY RUNNING....PLZ HELP ASAP!!!

ok so here's the thing, i just bought a 96 civic ex shell thats been converted to a si clone..anyways i bought a complete obd1 gsr swap for it and i saw it run with my own eyes before i picked it up..i get it in my car and it doesnt run..wtf

ISSUES:
crank but wont fire, unless foot keeps throttle open, wondering if its the throttle cable doesnt keep enough tension on throttle body to stay open for some incoming air...or is it controlled off iacv, using a dx throttle cable btw
running very very rich
running a obd2 ex auto harness..car is manual, had king motorsports do the necessary fixes to the harness so it would run right...change dizzy connector, iat connector, etc.
got it running for a bit holding the rpms at like 1500 for about a minute...got 4 cels
10-intake air temp-dont understand cuz like i said the harness was redone by KING MOTORSPORTS to run the motor
19-auto trans lockup control valve-not worried about this cuz car is manual
20-electrical load detector-had to change plugs from obd2 harness to work with obd1 alternator
41-primary o2 heater-had to extend those wires to reach the back instead of the front

also running obd1 p28 ecu with boomslang jumper harness...the head was redone on the motor for unknown reason..no receipts..like i said motor ran perfect before in my car and saw it run

PLZ HELP ASAP ANY INFO GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!