Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car wont start. Any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 07:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car wont start. Any ideas?

DC2 Chassis
K20z1 long block with k20z1 transmission
K20a2 engine Harness
Hybrid Racing Conversion Harness

I'm trying to dry crank the car to get oil running. (Running through turbo.. etc)
The motor has been sitting for 2 years. The car has power and when I turn the key nothing happens. I did hook a wire from starter to battery. The starter "clicks" but not "cranking." I tried push starting car just to maybe get things that were siezed moving. Starter still just "clicked." I tryed jumping the car off with my evo. Still nothing from trying to crank.

Any ideas? Or should i just buy a $250 oem starter?
Intake Sensor not wired also.
Edit: The speed sensor is not pluged in. Have not wired it yet!!
Old 07-31-2008, 08:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car wont start. Any ideas? (done)

Just went though the charge harness again. Its correct.

I think its the battery not being able to give it enough power.

I power the head unit on in the car, as soon as it starts playing music the head unit shuts off. I think its not getting enough power from the battery. Either that or I have a big short somewhere.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:17 PM

Default Re: Car wont start. Any ideas? (done)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by done &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
DC2 Chassis
K20z1 long block with k20z1 transmission
K20a2 engine Harness
Hybrid Racing Conversion Harness

I'm trying to dry crank the car to get oil running. (Running through turbo.. etc)
The motor has been sitting for 2 years. The car has power and when I turn the key nothing happens. I did hook a wire from starter to battery. The starter "clicks" but not "cranking." I tried push starting car just to maybe get things that were siezed moving. Starter still just "clicked." I tryed jumping the car off with my evo. Still nothing from trying to crank.

Any ideas? Or should i just buy a $250 oem starter?
Intake Sensor not wired also.
Edit: The speed sensor is not pluged in. Have not wired it yet!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

if you tried jumping it off your evo, that should have been enough to crank it over, it sounds like its getting juice but the starter is not engaging, i know this sounds crazy but have someone crank it while you beat on the starter, like tap it, or hit it hard it dont matter, and also make sure you charge the battery, hope this helps
Old 07-31-2008, 02:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car wont start. Any ideas? (randomnineh2b)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by randomnineh2b &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

if you tried jumping it off your evo, that should have been enough to crank it over, it sounds like its getting juice but the starter is not engaging, i know this sounds crazy but have someone crank it while you beat on the starter, like tap it, or hit it hard it dont matter, and also make sure you charge the battery, hope this helps</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks alot,

I bought a battery charger, going to try that and try to hit it with a rubber mallet.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:32 AM

hope it helps, cuase its just a way of trouble shooting if its the charger or not good luck, and nice swap by the way