Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car won't idle...white smoke...help

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2002, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car won't idle...white smoke...help

Ok... set up is a LS/VTEC but little different than usual. LS block, GSR crank, and rods, GSR Block girldle, 85mm bore, P&P head, Type R cams, 64mm TB.

Car has like 2K miles on it.

OK I was driving it today and everthing was fine. Was not beating on it or anything. Got to a stop light, and the car wanted to fall on it's face. Low idle (like its loading on fuel). A/F meter pegged rich, egt arount 350C at idle and going down slowly (which is normal). Tap the throttle to clear it up and lots of white smoke. And drops again to low idle.

Went back to work and dropped the fuel pressure to see if it was just loading on fuel. (from 55psi to 50psi...stock injectors). Checked under car and around head to see if head gasket was leaking. No sign of leaking water. I let the car sit for about 2 hours and cool. Started the car and drove it around the block and it ran fine. Until I got back to work. it was doing the same thing. White smoke out exhaust, low idle. Checked for water leak again, and again nothing.

Check oil to see if any antifreeze contaminating oil and the oil is clean. Going to pull the plugs and check to see if one or more is buring antifreeze.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks