Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car wont go into to gear??

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 08:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car wont go into to gear??

I have a 95 h22 in my hatch and the other day i running it through the gears. 1st and 2nd did fine but when i shifted into 3rd it didnt go in so i tried it again nothing. then i literly moved the shifter in a square. so at first i thought i just broke my shifter cables again. i pulled over and was just gonna put it in gear with my hands on the gear box. but no it wont click into any gears except reverse. my clutch still feels the same and i checked the clutch fluid its still good. so i dont think its the clutch and its not the cables cuz there not broke anywhere. if anyone could give me any info i would much appreiciate it. thank u
Old 12-11-2005, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: car wont go into to gear?? (BALLIN H22 EK)

Normally, I would say its the way you ran your cables.
Sometimes if you cables are run at an odd angle, it will be hard to get the tranny to shift into certain gears.
I not sure that is the problem, though, since you tried to do it manually at the tranny.

Just to make sure, I would remove the cables from the trans and try to manually try it again.
If it doesnt go, then you probablly have a more serious problem.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: car wont go into to gear?? (Slopoke)

i dont think its the cables but i guess i will try that and see. anyone else on this ****?
Old 12-12-2005, 10:45 AM

Default Re: car wont go into to gear?? (Slopoke)

Hey man.You said that your shift cables have broken before huh.So were they ran
in a wierd way like at a tight angle?It could just be that your cables are stretched and not working together right anymore.or it may be but lets hope not'that your shifter fork for third and fourth gear is worn.I don't know a whole lot about h22 trannys but alot of times third and fourth gear are made together with the shifter fork sliding in a groove in between them. lets hope it's just worn and sretched cables though.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:54 AM

Default Re: car wont go into to gear?? (Dmc1)

Is is the stock clutch or a aftermarket? Usually if it is hard to get into gear and you don't have bent cables the springs on the clutch are binding on the throwout bearing or the flywheel and will not allow you to engage the clutch to shift gears. any more questions just pm or i'll check back
Old 12-12-2005, 01:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: car wont go into to gear?? (SlowAzEg)

i wired the cables the same way they were before and i even took the cables off the tranny and it still wont go into gear so its not that. it wont click into gear.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SlowAzEg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is is the stock clutch or a aftermarket? </TD></TR></TABLE>

i have a stage 2 excedy clutch and a jun lightened flywheel

the clutch still has like perfect pressure and the master is still good so im not thinking its the clutch either. friend said it could possibly be the sychros or the shifter fork. im gonna take the tranny off and have a friend look at it i guess. cuz i think its internal