Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Car to do my swap in? Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Car to do my swap in? Opinions

I have a h23a bluetop and I have a 95 accord & 92 prelude SI. The accord is my DD and the prelude was gonna be a project build. The down fall on the prelude is it had electrical issues and the engine harness was butchered badly. The only down fall on the accord is the body has a few dings in it. I know the Trans in the accord has longer gears then the prelude and I plan on goin FI on the bluetop. Just need some opinions.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which Car to do my swap in? Opinions

Picture yourself cruising down the strip or attending a car meet/show in an Accord with a boosted H23A (Suspense music suddenly stop). Go to the junk yard and pull a donor wiring harness for the Prelude. That's what I would do.
Old 10-23-2014, 03:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well the orignal plan was to build the accord. Then I got the prelude for dirt cheap and now I know why I got it. The lude needs way more work than my CD7. May just give it to my brother. It has already had a swaped in it, F22B1 but the #4 plug feel through the head . So he's either wanting to fix the head. Or do a swap. Way would be better. H22A or F20B
Old 10-25-2014, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Pull both drivetrains, install the Si trans onto the H23A, throw the combo into the Accord. It is likely there's a DX trans in the Si, so it could be a pointless endeavor. I'd still choose the Accord.

You'll have to add/relocate a few wires (vtec solenoid, knock sensor, dizzy sensors, coil, IAB solenoid, tach) but they are relatively minor. It's a little easier if you get an OBD1 H22 distributor. The H23A will bolt in with the original Accord mount and bolt to both transmissions the same way. The down side is most F22B motors are timed via crank pulley marks while the H23A uses marks on the flywheel. You'll have to make sure the flywheel you use has them or make your own marks. Then it's a matter of adapting the header to the exhaust and making sure you're running an obd1 H22 ECU or basemap.
Old 11-05-2014, 05:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I really dislike diagnosing / dealing with electrical issues on cut-up harnesses. Just hit up your local junkyard and get a new engine harness. I got one for under $50 my my local u-pull-it, and it only took me an hour to get it out.
Old 11-07-2014, 10:10 PM
Anti-GDD White Knight Simp

Is that Accord the one with the NSX-inspired tail lights? If so, those are awesome and you should not listen to anyone who says otherwise, cuz I'm right, and do what HiProfile suggested. He won't steer you wrong. Combining that motor with Si tranny is your best and cheapest bet.

If you do go with the prelude, don't be all cheap and go to a junk yard. Get a cheap tucked harness from wireworx or something. You don't really know what you're getting at a junkyard anyway.