Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car is acting up, I need help PLEASE. will bog down with more throttle... Civic LS swap

Old 10-17-2005, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car is acting up, I need help PLEASE. will bog down with more throttle... Civic LS swap

EDIT: about the A/F gauge: Ok the thing with the A/F is that it is usally hanging around the stoich/rich area. but tonite on the way home it was around the lean/stoich. and sometimes not even there, but i get to the gas station, and shut the car off and it would go to its resting position all the way rich, like normal.

Today, it started off great. I took my tach out, and got rid of what was left of my glow gauges finally. I went and washed it and put 10$ of gas in it(Ethinol).When i left the car wash, i did a burn out and that is all the beating i did to it. Got it home and nothing was wrong. Later on, its time to go to work. On the way i feel like its slugish like its not running completely normal, to someone else you would never notice it. My work is about 10 miles away so, and when i reach the off ramp my car is seeming a little worst. and i come to a stop and its idleing fine and everything checks out OK. Oil pressure, A/F, and everything. I pull away and when i reach 3grand it's like someone just put a weight on my car, the more gas you give it the more it bogs down. I get it to work and check the fluids and everything checks out ok. The exhaust isnt smelling funny, nor does it smoke. I take it for a cruise around the block and it goes away. i work for 6 hours and get back in my car. I start it up and everything seems ok. I go about 1 block and my A/F gauge is faded and then i get to the stop sign and it returns to normal. Then i pull away and it disappears. I am all of a sudden like WTF should i drive it home or park it!!! but then it comes back when i slow down, so i decide to take on the jouney. I am only then able to do about 50. The motor seemed to bog down if i gave it more gas. I make it to a gas station, pull in and check all the fluids, check for dripping, check the exhaust and everything seems OK. Except the oil seemed to be alittle bit down from last time, but i think its normal because i think it burns just a little bit of gas. I pour like 1/2 a quart in and go a bit further. and it keeps on bogging, and my A/F gauge is not normal at all, most of the time it would stay in the last 2/3 of the gauge, the normal area. Now its almost opposite. I get to a area by walmart and park it for the night till i can get there tomarrow morning. Once again i check the fluids real quick, and they are all the same, the coolant is still green not milky or anything, and the oil on the dipstick is also not milky.

quick things wrong.
-A/F gauge is reading all f'ed up.
-Car bogs with more throttle.
-seems not to be burning anything
-nothing is mixing so far.

Today i relocated my VAFC to a different spot. someone said that the wiring on his got f'd up and caused his car to do something like his. think that is a possibility?

EDIT- Just got the car home, before i started it, i unpluged my afc then reconnected it nice and tight, drove it home and it seemed ok? I someone said to me possibly the alternator, i tested it while running and it was putting out 14.- to the battery and then i shut it off and the battery was reading 13.1<---how is that possibly, i checked it like 8 times, then i checked a little AAA battery and it read 1.45 and normal is 1.5. im not sure about that, what would be going on.
I opened up the radiator cap when i got back and it had a little bit of foam in there, is that a sign or something, or me just playing with the hoses before i open it caused that?

Modified by 92-LS-Civic at 10:25 AM 10/18/2005
Old 10-17-2005, 10:39 PM

Default Re: Car is acting up, I need help PLEASE. will bog down with more throttle... Civic LS swap (92-LS-C

bump
Old 10-17-2005, 10:53 PM

Default Re: Car is acting up, I need help PLEASE. will bog down with more throttle... Civic LS swap (92-LS-C

back to the top