Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

can i get soft mounts and still swap in an h22a?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2003, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can i get soft mounts and still swap in an h22a?

I'd like to do an h22a in an EG hatch. I'm coming on the crossroads period of picking up the car (got my 240 sold) and debating on whether to go b18c1 (i got a swap already, but could sell it) or h22a. I'd like to go h22a but I don't like the ride quality of hasport bushings, and b series dont need bushings so it feels nice. I've been in my friends b swap EG and it rides wonderful since the stock mounts are used, feels factory. Then later (about 3-4 month later) i took a ride in our friends b16a crx, and the ride absolutely sucked. He said it was also effected by something he neede replaced, but the bushings used are still alot stiffer than stock. Is there any way I can put an h22a in an EG without worrying about ride quality? I'm thinking I might have to have the stock h22a mounts custom fabbed to fit the frame, so I can use stock bushings. I'll be riding over 60 miles a day to my new job, and would like something nice. I'm not an old man looking for a lincoln town car, but I certainly dont like the idea of my *** turning into much while im sitting in my car. Please, if you cant help, dont respond. I'd prefer not turning this post into a whoring session where losers decide to up their post count by criticizing my want for a smooth ride. So if you cant reply with something helpful, dont reply at all. Thanks to all the guys that reply with something good.
Old 06-27-2003, 06:15 PM

Default Re: can i get soft mounts and still swap in an h22a? (ibcadl)

bump
Old 06-27-2003, 08:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: can i get soft mounts and still swap in an h22a? (ibcadl)

You could do some fabrication to make the stock rubber mounts fit. You would need to make a plate that allowed you to move ther rear mount forward slightly and over. Then you would have to remove the rigth-hand and left-hand mount brackets from the frame rail and fab new ones. Because the stock mounts are so soft, you would then to make a front crossmember to mount the front mount, otherwise you would quickly tear the stock mounts

brian g
Old 06-28-2003, 01:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: can i get soft mounts and still swap in an h22a? (brian g)

*sigh* if hasport could only make a 4 mount crx kit id be in love.

The aftermarket bushings do suck. When i first droped my b20vtec in my crx, it was pretty nice, but after a day at the track, it got alot looser. Now after about 3 months the bushings are starting to squeeze out. Now if I dont drive perfect, my motor moves all over the place, and jerks every which way. Its pretty gay, i guess I have too much torque, regardless, I sold the motor because I needed the $.

Im thinking about going with hcp because of the 4 mount system they have when i rebuild my crvtec in a year.
Old 06-28-2003, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: can i get soft mounts and still swap in an h22a? (irev210)

I would look for something broken on you car. I can't see how you B20 is putting out any more torque than any of my cars. Of course if you think it is the mounts, please send them back for warranty.

brian g
Old 06-28-2003, 06:39 PM

Default Re: can i get soft mounts and still swap in an h22a? (irev210)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by irev210 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">*sigh* if hasport could only make a 4 mount crx kit id be in love.

The aftermarket bushings do suck. When i first droped my b20vtec in my crx, it was pretty nice, but after a day at the track, it got alot looser. Now after about 3 months the bushings are starting to squeeze out. Now if I dont drive perfect, my motor moves all over the place, and jerks every which way. Its pretty gay, i guess I have too much torque, regardless, I sold the motor because I needed the $.

Im thinking about going with hcp because of the 4 mount system they have when i rebuild my crvtec in a year.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

go with HCP. I've already looked into their stuff and will never buy a hasport product if theres a decent alternative. ive had friends with bad business with them in the past, and i dont like their prices either. ive heard ALOT of good things about HCP though.