Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all wiring gurus - H22A USDM/JDM question

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 07:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling all wiring gurus - H22A USDM/JDM question

So, in my crappy Chilton manual, the electrical diagram lists a line from the ECU to something called 'electronic load detector.'

Not one iota of information about this so-called 'part' exists in the rest of the manual. What is it? Where is it? Can I get rid of it? Help!
Old 05-19-2003, 07:28 AM

Default Re: Calling all wiring gurus - H22A USDM/JDM question (rick_spiff)

Electronic load detector is somewhere in the fuse box at the battery location, i think !
Old 05-19-2003, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Calling all wiring gurus - H22A USDM/JDM question (CvexH22)

Well...getting "rid" of it wouldnt do much good.....after that your car would probably die when you turn the headlights on......why do you want to get rid of it anyway?

Mark
Old 05-19-2003, 10:32 AM

Default Re: Calling all wiring gurus - H22A USDM/JDM question (SlvrEj6Dx)

I don't really want to get rid of it, unless I can without 'adverse side effects.' You see, this engine is going into an '88 Accord (along with a ton of welding, banging, cutting, and cursing), and I could not identify nor find this load detector on the donor car. I also couldn't find the Main Relay on the donor car and I NEEDED that part (which had to be bought from the dealership). If I can physically find / identify the electronic load detector, I can fit one on my car, and.... no problem!

The trouble is, I can't find it and don't know what it looks like.
Old 05-19-2003, 10:41 AM
New User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Calling all wiring gurus - H22A USDM/JDM question (rick_spiff)

When you get an ELD code (20), then what you should check on are your grounds, and make sure they're all intact and everything is secured. With a voltage spike, from not grounding out and completing the circuit, the ECU will throw you that code. It's nothing physical, per se, but rather an indicator to tell you to check your grounds.

Old 05-19-2003, 10:59 AM

Default Re: Calling all wiring gurus - H22A USDM/JDM question (Newman)

now with the spike in voltage could this cause your sensors to not read right? newman you know about my rev problem...im just lookin for some answers here...
Old 05-19-2003, 12:35 PM

Default Re: Calling all wiring gurus - H22A USDM/JDM question (2trix)

So this thing should really be called an 'electrical load detector' and is just a fancy name for a wire that test 12v + and if I suddenly turn on... say, a couple of Hella Rally 1000's, it ups the idle to keep the engine from choking?

In my experience, 'sensors' like this run through a largish ceramic resistor and the computer reads that voltage...

If anything is going funny with the computer once I install it, I am definitely checking the wiring first - cheap and easy

You know, those multi-ground systems may have something going... maybe part of your regular tune-up should include cleaning all electrical connectors and wiring on your car... just a thought.