Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A bunch of dumb swap stuff..help me!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2003, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A bunch of dumb swap stuff..help me!

I finally found a body to take my B18C1..I'm driving all the freaking way to north carolina to get it, but it'll be worth it, so now I have a bunch of little lingering questions..Here goes!

First, suggestions on what i should do with my exhaust situation..I have a beautiful comptech S/S Catback off of the GS-R, and I was going to sell it and buy one for the civic, but no one seems to want it, no clue why..it's only a month old...someone suggested cutting up and rewelding the comptech, but that seems like it could get ugly quick, but I don't want to sell it dirt cheap and end up with a crappy exhaust in it's place..
Suggestions on where to get an ACT clutch kit?
What the heck do I do with a crashed up integra body, and a full civic 1.5L, tranny, ecu, etc..
I'm sure I have a bunch more dumb questions, but I'm too tired right now..Thanks for the help everybody
~james

Old 05-24-2003, 08:10 AM

Default Re: A bunch of dumb swap stuff..help me! (SleepyEG)

^
Old 05-24-2003, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SleepyEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What the heck do I do with a crashed up integra body</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sell it to a junkyard or sell parts from it

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SleepyEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">a full civic 1.5L, tranny, ecu, etc..</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sell it as a complete swap or just motor or trans, or etc
Old 05-24-2003, 10:38 AM

So are you gettting another integra body or are you putting your integra motor in a civic?
Old 05-24-2003, 11:38 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SleepyEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I finally found a body to take my B18C1..I'm driving all the freaking way to north carolina to get it, but it'll be worth it, so now I have a bunch of little lingering questions..Here goes!

First, suggestions on what i should do with my exhaust situation..I have a beautiful comptech S/S Catback off of the GS-R, and I was going to sell it and buy one for the civic, but no one seems to want it, no clue why..it's only a month old...someone suggested cutting up and rewelding the comptech, but that seems like it could get ugly quick, but I don't want to sell it dirt cheap and end up with a crappy exhaust in it's place..
Suggestions on where to get an ACT clutch kit?
What the heck do I do with a crashed up integra body, and a full civic 1.5L, tranny, ecu, etc..
I'm sure I have a bunch more dumb questions, but I'm too tired right now..Thanks for the help everybody
~james

</TD></TR></TABLE>

As far as the ACT clutch kit goes, the best prices I have found (groupbuycenter.com) was from a company up in New Jersey called AfterHourzracing. Their site is http://www.afterhourzracing.com. Now, mind you, I havent ordered anything from them yet, so I cant speak from experience, but according to their rating on GBC they are a very good company to do business with. Also, Ebay has alot of good deals going on too for ACT clutches.
Old 05-24-2003, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

just make the teg exhaust fit, chop and weld. it aint all that different.
Old 05-24-2003, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: A bunch of dumb swap stuff..help me! (EXV)

As far as I know, As long as you use the gsr full exhaust it will all bolt on a civic. Just take it off
Old 05-28-2003, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: A bunch of dumb swap stuff..help me! (1_bad_EF)

So, sleepy, I thought you already finished the swap last time we spoke.
Old 05-28-2003, 07:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: A bunch of dumb swap stuff..help me! (acurals140)

And I spoke to a buddy with a GS-R swap in his 93 CX. He said the whole exhaust will bolt up just as long as you use all the exhaust parts from your GS-R from header back once you got the motor in. As far as the GSR dash goes, it should fit into the 92-95 civic body with a little modification, and there is a lot of info on how to do all over the web. Good luck with your new ride and keep up posted.
Old 05-30-2003, 04:25 PM

Default Re: A bunch of dumb swap stuff..help me! (junglerunna02)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by junglerunna02 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So are you gettting another integra body or are you putting your integra motor in a civic?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I just bought a hatch, and I'm putting the integra motor in it...I am having a hard time selling the damaged integra shell..

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EXV &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just make the teg exhaust fit, chop and weld. it aint all that different. </TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1_bad_EF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">As far as I know, As long as you use the gsr full exhaust it will all bolt on a civic. Just take it off</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by acurals140 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And I spoke to a buddy with a GS-R swap in his 93 CX. He said the whole exhaust will bolt up just as long as you use all the exhaust parts from your GS-R from header back once you got the motor in. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok, well first of all, the whole exhaust (cat-back) is longer on an Integra than on a Civic, I figured that was understood...Second of all, I wasn't asking if I could bolt it up, I was asking if it would fit period, which, now that I have a civic to measure against, it doesn't fit period, the comptech muffler won't fit, I can't cut the actual muffler.

I appreciate the advice, but some of these questions really can only be answered by people who know from experience..

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by acurals140 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So, sleepy, I thought you already finished the swap last time we spoke.</TD></TR></TABLE>

First of all acurals, I have never spoken to you, second of all, no i haven't finished the swap, I would never have said I did..I just bought the car yesterday! Third of all, I'm keeping the stock dash, but switching to an EX cluster for the tach.
If your going to just stupidly respond to all of my posts, let me know, and I'll talk to some mods. about it...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by acurals140 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">...and there is a lot of info on how to do all over the web...</TD></TR></TABLE> You should take your own advice. You'd be amazed how much more you learn by listening and answering questions, instead of talking and sounding dumb.

~james