Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Built Turbo H into my teg (SEARCHED)

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 07:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Built Turbo H into my teg (SEARCHED)

Also posted this in the integra forum. Just trying to cover bases by posting in here too...
I have extensively searched this forum for the info that I'm looking for, but nothing really solid has come up. Mostly people bickering about the pros and cons of the swap. I just need a bit of guidance... here's my situation. I have a fully built turbo 5G prelude running and making north of 400whp and 320tq. https://honda-tech.com/zero...ge=61

And this...

RHD GSR w/ ITR bottom end, VAFC tune and 170whp.

Frankly, I just don't have the space for 2 Honda Tuner cars anymore. I have to park my Corvette outside (isn't it sad when you live in a town where your Hondas won't survive one night out on the street? haha) So I'm looking to consolidate them into one. I've been toying with the idea of stocking the Prelude and selling it, and taking the turbo H build and swapping it into the teg. Why? Because it's already built, tuned, and running and I don't feel like going through the hassle and $$$ of building another motor from scratch. So here are a couple of my concerns:

Driveline: The Prelude transmission already has a Quaife LSD in it and a rebuild about 10k miles ago... but it seems it would be a lot easier to go H2B, but it's hard to walk away from a great tranny with a quaife in it! If I do the swap.. should I just bite the bullet and go H2b and have to buy ANOTHER $900 LSD? I'm not worried about axles because I will need to get new ones anyways with the power and abuse they will be taking. Also w/ the shifter assembly. I know I'll have to cut to get the cable shifter assembly in there. But everytime I see a H22 swapped teg, the shifter assembly looks like *** in the car. Is it possible to fit the OEM interior pieces over the prelude shifter assembly or will the Prelude shifter assembly be permanently exposed?

Wiring & Engine Management: I am currently running a Hondata S300 in the Prelude. The teg is a 99 and the Prelude is a 99 so I believe both cars were originally OBD2.. But I believe the teg may have been converted to OBD1 by it's previous owner, and I went to an OBD1 distributor in the prelude. Will I have to re-wire the entire car to make this work?

Grocery List: Based upon the parts that I already have. Can someone hook me up with a grocery list of stuff I will need to make this work? I'd really appreciate it. I haven't been able to find one from searching. Please let me know if more info about my setup(s) is needed. Thanks!