Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BS removal on h2b

Old 11-01-2007, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BS removal on h2b

okay so is it nessary to remove the BS? and what are the differences with it on or off?
Old 11-01-2007, 02:05 PM

Default Re: BS removal on h2b (401tuner)

On QSD yes. Less parasitic drag, and if completely removed with kaizen speed kit and plug the oil passage to them you will have increased oil pressure. Bisimoto makes a block off plate similar to kaizen speed but you leave the shafts in just remove the belt.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:02 PM

Default Re: BS removal on h2b (2.2_coupe)

yes i will be using the QSD kit, so you guys think its a good idea to remove it? I mean is it a pain in the *** to do, or is it fairly easy. And where can i pick up the block off plate?
Old 11-01-2007, 04:09 PM
King of the One Liners

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

from what i remember the QSD kit moves the motor closer to the frame rail on the drivers side so it is necessary to remove at least the gears for BS. You can put a freeze plug over rear one after the removal and the front just bolts off.

kaizenspeed makes a complete removal kit. Im not positive on the bisi kit- just look up bisimoto
Old 11-01-2007, 08:26 PM
I'm really 2slow

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: BS removal on h2b (2fastGSR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2fastGSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
from what i remember the QSD kit moves the motor closer to the frame rail on the drivers side so it is necessary to remove at least the gears for BS. You can put a freeze plug over rear one after the removal and the front just bolts off.

kaizenspeed makes a complete removal kit. Im not positive on the bisi kit- just look up bisimoto</TD></TR></TABLE>yes and yes! bisi's plate is neat for a cleaner look. I just installed it on my motor you don't need to take the bs off for the h2b. you will gain a bit of power and oil pressure once you lose them.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:23 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: BS removal on h2b (2fast4u831)

i know what they look like, and i know about the kits, but what do the BS do?
Old 11-02-2007, 05:20 AM
I'm really 2slow

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: BS removal on h2b (GetawayInMoscow)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GetawayInMoscow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i know what they look like, and i know about the kits, but what do the BS do?</TD></TR></TABLE>minimize engine vibration.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: BS removal on h2b (2fast4u831)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2fast4u831 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">minimize engine vibration.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Basically at an idle only. Keeps things smoother while you are sitting at a light or stop sign or drive thru.

Pretty much worthless once the car is rolling. And they weigh about 30 pounds between the 2 and the belt is a drag as well.

Well worth losing them.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: BS removal on h2b (sauceja)

I'm running QSD's kit in a 4th gen civic and I still have my balance shafts in. I'm still running the stock timing belt cover, just notched very slightly. Maybe the size of a quarter.

BTW Sauceja, they only weigh 8 pounds.

Bottom of the thread.

https://honda-tech.com/zero...age=2
Old 11-03-2007, 05:19 PM

Default Re: BS removal on h2b (gibsanez)

so seeing you have the BS in, do you notice any problems?
Old 11-03-2007, 06:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 401tuner &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so seeing you have the BS in, do you notice any problems?</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, they don't even touch the frame rail.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I call

I removed BS on an F22a1 that I rebuilt a couple winters ago for my daily and reinstalled them for oem. They are like 2 cams in there only bulkier and heavier. No way that they only weigh 8 pounds. I will weigh them on a diggy scale when I pull mine out.
Plus to mention the weight of the gears (not much I know) and what holds them in. Then the belt that runs them both.

I am not in argument mode here just stating my opinion as I don't have the proof yet. I am just saying that for what I am building my motor for I don't want/need them in the motor.
I have full interior still so if I was panty hurting for 8-20 pounds whatever then I would care more.

still that looks like a good read thread. But I have turned to the darkside and only thing B in my car from here out is gonna be my tranny/axles/linkage/mounts/clutch.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm guessing he weighed them, like he did everything else, but that's hard to say, I'm looking forward to your results. Would you think they weigh about 8 pounds each maybe?
Old 11-05-2007, 06:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thats quite possible for 8lbs each. I don't know the guy or his credibility so my BS flag is premature but from personal experience is where I base my judgements. No because I googled it.

I have been following your thread and know you get busy when it comes to cars so I am not calling you out either.

I am just not sure when I will be done hustling some cars and parts to get the money to start my motor build. Hopefully it will be completed by 1st of March 08.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I never had them out so i really have zero first hand experience in the matter. I would have taken them out but I couldn't justify the $140 block off plate when I can just remove the belt and try and shave 15-25 lbs somewhere else.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gibsanez &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I never had them out so i really have zero first hand experience in the matter. I would have taken them out but I couldn't justify the $140 block off plate when I can just remove the belt and try and shave 15-25 lbs somewhere else. </TD></TR></TABLE>

The kit is so much more than a block off plate. You pay 800 bucks for a piece of aluminum and a few bolts to adapt a trasmission but cant justify 120 for a piece of ingenuity and R&D. If we don't support people making these products there is no reason for people to have the desire to mix and match components for a optimal setup. I'll gladly pay someone 120 bucks for a small business to take the time to develop a part that benefits anyone
Old 11-06-2007, 07:24 AM
King of the One Liners

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: BS removal on h2b (HeikDiesel)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HeikDiesel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You pay 800 bucks for a piece of aluminum and a few bolts to adapt a trasmission but cant justify 120 for a piece of ingenuity and R&D. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Good point ...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HeikDiesel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I'll gladly pay someone 120 bucks for a small business to take the time to develop a part that benefits anyone</TD></TR></TABLE>

My brother and i were just talking about the same thing. Id gladly give my money to a small business that works their *** off to make a part and make it work correctly...
Old 11-06-2007, 11:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The kit is so much more than a block off plate. You pay 800 bucks for a piece of aluminum and a few bolts to adapt a trasmission but cant justify 120 for a piece of ingenuity and R&D. If we don't support people making these products there is no reason for people to have the desire to mix and match components for a optimal setup. I'll gladly pay someone 120 bucks for a small business to take the time to develop a part that benefits anyone</TD></TR></TABLE>

Relax boss, i was simply staying that the whole weight thing isn't an issue for me, especially because the balance shafts don't even cause any clearance issues for me. I'm not going to fork out the money for something I don't need/want, that doesn't even make sense.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gibsanez &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Relax boss, i was simply staying that the whole weight thing isn't an issue for me, especially because the balance shafts don't even cause any clearance issues for me. I'm not going to fork out the money for something I don't need/want, that doesn't even make sense.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I respect that. We all have different reasons for what we do to our cars. 120.00 for no bs's and a little higher oil pressure is ok with me.

Either way hope this is helpful for any noobs that read it to make their own decision.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gibsanez &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Relax boss, i was simply staying that the whole weight thing isn't an issue for me, especially because the balance shafts don't even cause any clearance issues for me. I'm not going to fork out the money for something I don't need/want, that doesn't even make sense.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It wasn't even that, you brought the money into it like they are a rip off for $140 bucks. If you didnt need them you could have simply said that and not made the company look bad. Thats like me saying I would have bought a bra from victora's secret for 75 bucks but i couldnt justify it when i have no ****.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sauceja &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I call

I removed BS on an F22a1 that I rebuilt a couple winters ago for my daily and reinstalled them for oem. They are like 2 cams in there only bulkier and heavier. No way that they only weigh 8 pounds. I will weigh them on a diggy scale when I pull mine out.
Plus to mention the weight of the gears (not much I know) and what holds them in. Then the belt that runs them both.

I am not in argument mode here just stating my opinion as I don't have the proof yet. I am just saying that for what I am building my motor for I don't want/need them in the motor.
I have full interior still so if I was panty hurting for 8-20 pounds whatever then I would care more.

still that looks like a good read thread. But I have turned to the darkside and only thing B in my car from here out is gonna be my tranny/axles/linkage/mounts/clutch.</TD></TR></TABLE>

As for the wieght, you can check my F2B thread and it has them on the digital scale. I left a few things out like the lower timing cover and some other little things...but its there.