Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

brake swap-> master cylinder brake booster combo?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brake swap-> master cylinder brake booster combo?

i just got some 94+ integra knuckles to do a brake swap into my eg, and i also got a brake booster and master cylinder from the same car. the integra has abs, so the master cylinder has the brake lines on either side and one side has a larger fitting than what is on the car. i just now decided not to risk bending and messing up the the brake line. so my question is what mc/bb combo should i be looking for? i want the brake lines to both go in on the driver side, and i would like for them to both have the same fittings. i doubt that i can use the same brake booster, but does anyone know if i can?

thanks for the help.
Old 01-11-2005, 07:59 PM

Default Re: brake swap-> master cylinder brake booster combo? (lollypopking)

get 91 civic ex MC from autozone.. or orielly or wherever. They are 15/16" and it will bolt on to your existing brake booster.. so you don't have to change that out. And the lines are also exactly the same so you don't have to bend any lines also.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:20 PM

hey yall, i just talk to a friend and he suggested that i get a braided steel line to connect the second brake line to the pass. side of the integra m/c with the larger fitting. what do ya'll think?

Old 01-12-2005, 08:50 AM

how are you going to get the steel line to connect to the metal line? you're probably going to have to cut it and then put some kind of fitting for the stainless steel line to fit. If you're going to do that, might as well bend it. It is not hard at all.. I've done 3 of them and they are fairly simple.
Y not just do what I suggested the previous post. You get a 15/16" MC... which is as close as a 1" as u can get without changing Brake booster and bending lines.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:45 PM

Default Re: brake swap-> master cylinder brake booster combo? (mingbling96)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mingbling96 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">get 91 civic ex MC from autozone.. or orielly or wherever. They are 15/16" and it will bolt on to your existing brake booster.. so you don't have to change that out. And the lines are also exactly the same so you don't have to bend any lines also. </TD></TR></TABLE>

U can also use the MC from 90-93 Integra (15/16), and I believe the MC from the 1990 Civic Ex sedan is the same as the 91 Ex.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:21 PM

Default Re: brake swap-> master cylinder brake booster combo? (jlsmi2)

hey, thanks for the help guys. i went to a guy today and had a small custom line made for only 13 bucks to link the line to the other side of the m/c, so i should be good to go with the swap. he told me that the lines are easy to bend and wont kink if you keep the bends wide like you said mingblimg69, but i dont have access to any flareing tools and i'm kinda low on money, plus i'm leavin for school on sat. i'll post some picks tonight or tomarrow when i finish.

thanks again.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:52 PM

flaring tool's about $10 from autozone. I buy it, use it and return it. They love me there..
Old 01-14-2005, 06:42 AM

Default Re: brake swap-> master cylinder brake booster combo? (mingbling96)

so much for that. i got held up the past two days workin on my sisters car so i couldn't do the swap and i wont have any time to do it until i come home for spring break. so no pics, no swap, no foreheads on my windshield.
thanks for the help again.

Old 01-14-2005, 10:26 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jlsmi2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

U can also use the MC from 90-93 Integra (15/16), and I believe the MC from the 1990 Civic Ex sedan is the same as the 91 Ex.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Correction...after going to the auto parts store I relized that the MC from 90-93 Integra is not exactly the same as the Civics..&gt;It should work, but I don't think the lines will fit perfectly without bending...

On a side note, its been a huge pain in the *** to get the MC out of the 91 Civic Ex. I ordered one yesterday and when I came to pick it up today what I got was a 7/8". We'll try again tomorrow to see if they get the right 15/16" MC.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Use the master cylinder and booster from the integra RS which has no abs and everything will bolt up to your eg.