Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

brake how to? integra->civic

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2004, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brake how to? integra->civic

i have a 95 cx hatch with gsr rear disc and i am looking to change out the front knuckles also. i have been recommended by many to change out the brake booster, m/c, and prop. valve also. can anyone tell me how to do this? maybe give me a walk through and a parts list? also recommend a m/c, brake booster, and prop. valve? i heard that the 1" m/c with the 40/40 prop. valve is the best set up. from what cars do they come from? also, what is the stock brake booster , m/c, and prop. valve set up on my car stock? and if someone refers to a m/c by 15/16 or 1", or a prop. vlave by 30/40 or 40/40, what are these measurements?

thanks for any and all info.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: brake how to? integra->civic (lollypopking)

a 91 civic ex 4 door master cylinder will bolt up to your stock brake booster and its 15/16". so that will save you from buying a brake booster.

i got my 40/40 prop valve from a 90-93 integra w/o abs.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lollypopking &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have a 95 cx hatch with gsr rear disc and i am looking to change out the front knuckles also. i have been recommended by many to change out the brake booster, m/c, and prop. valve also. can anyone tell me how to do this? maybe give me a walk through and a parts list? also recommend a m/c, brake booster, and prop. valve? i heard that the 1" m/c with the 40/40 prop. valve is the best set up. from what cars do they come from? also, what is the stock brake booster , m/c, and prop. valve set up on my car stock? and if someone refers to a m/c by 15/16 or 1", or a prop. vlave by 30/40 or 40/40, what are these measurements?

thanks for any and all info. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Integra 94+ gsr or ls with ABS front control arms left and right, rotors, calipers, and 2 brake lines hoses for the front brake swap.
As the Brake Master cylinder/ Booster cylinder, ( this is what I have on my car)
you can use the gsr or ls brake bc and mc but you'll need the ABS bolt cuz the ABS hole on the MC is a lil bigger than none Abs. you also have to bend the metal fitting line to make it fit, or you can use the RS one that you don't have to bend any thing.
Old 12-29-2004, 06:18 PM

Default Re: brake how to? integra->civic (Eg6B18C1)

thanks for the info, but do i have to get ones with ABS? it 's not on my car now and i dont really want it. does the 40/40 p. valve also come on those cars? and which fitting are you talking about? can you show me a pic?

thanks again.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you dont have to get the ones with ABS. Although the gsr and ls brake mc/bc are the ones with ABS, you can you them in your hatch. I dont know what is the different between the rs and gsr b mc/bc, but I like the gsr ones better. you will need to bend the metal brake fitting line if your using the gsr or ls ones because the eg hatch brake master/cylinder lines both are located on the same site, but the gsr lines are different. One is located on the left and the other one which connects to the ABS brake is on the right. ( all the eg and gsr brake lines are the same size but the abs hole on the gsr brake master/cylinder is a lil bigger that your stock eg bolt will be alil bit smaller. )

get the rs one then cuz its directly bolt right up on.
Dont get the one from older year 90-93 Integra, lol..............the booster/cylinder is a lil smaller.

you can see from the pic that 2 brake lines are located in 2 different sites and That is the bolt I'm talking about. the lines are the same size but only that bolt is a lil bigger. you have to bend the line in your hatch to make it fit as well if your using the ones from a gsr.

Modified by Eg6B18C1 at 11:29 PM 12/29/2004

Modified by Eg6B18C1 at 11:29 PM 12/29/2004
Old 01-03-2005, 05:21 PM

Default Re: brake how to? integra->civic (Eg6B18C1)

thanks for the pic and the help!