Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bought a 90 Integra W/ Turbo B18C MAJOR PROBLEMS NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought a 90 Integra W/ Turbo B18C MAJOR PROBLEMS NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like I had posted in the wrong section ealier, since no one moved it, I figured I would make a new post in the correct section.

HI,
This is my first import car I have ever owned so I really don't know much about the technical aspects of it. Any help or advice would be greatfully appreciated by anyone. If this posted in the wrong section, please correct it, move and let me know so I know not to post in this area ever again.

I just picked up a 1990 4dr Integra and it has a B18C engine swap done along with a Drag Turbo Kit. Somethings don't seem to be matching up with the swap which was done and or the work which was done on the car. According to the person who I bought the car from, they said they took it to a shop who did all the work for him. All he did was drop off the car, pay the money and pick up the car after it was all done and finished.

Personally, I think the work was done wrong but then again, I my self could be wrong as well. So I come to you guys who have the knowledge for help and advice.

On the block it self, it says B18C and I have pictures of it incase its needed. From looking at the disterbutor that is on the car, it does not look like a B18C Type R disterbutor. What did they use? I honestly could not answer that, I have pictures of it incase anyone needs to see it to help me out with that.

Looking at the hanress side along with the wiring job which was done. On the ECU it self it says and its hand written with a marker B16A(e) and the sticker on the ECU says PR3 which I believe is a OBD0? Or am I wrong with that?

Looking at the connectors on the ECU and the harness, it has (1) big WHITE plug, along with (2) smaller BLACK plugs. According to what I have been told by the person who I bought this car from they said they also ran 1 single wire from the ECU to the v-tech soleniod for it to open and close? Does that sound right? Also, from the looks of it the factory wiring harness has been used on the car as well even with the engine swap.

Either way, now onto the problems which I am having with the car. At 7 PSI of boost it only dynoed 214 WHP not 100% sure on the TQ since I don't have the paper in front of me. At higher RPMs you can feel the car is dying out, not making anymore power. Also, it seems like its pulling back a lot of timing. Car feels like its totally dead on the top end.

I would like to get all this wiring and ECU issue fixed and solved before I go on with the car and change things around.

Can someone tell me if the wiring has been done correctly or not? If it has not been done correctly, what changes need to take place so its done the right way? Do I need to change the disterbutor on the car and swap it to a Type R one?

More or less what I am trying to do is this, I want to get everything fixed, so I can run a Hondata S300 computer in the car. From what I have been told by Hondata, I need to convert the OBD0 to an OBD1? If so, what all do I need to do to pull off this conversion?

I already have a fully built lower compression bottom end from Golden Eagle sitting here waiting to be swapped out with the stock stuff that's on the car now, but with out getting all these problems fixed I don't want to risk the new short block which I have.

If you guys need me to post pictures, please let me know and I will be more than happy to post the pictures.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in Advance!!!!
Old 03-25-2006, 11:13 PM

Default Re: Bought a 90 Integra W/ Turbo B18C MAJOR PROBLEMS NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (90TegraB18C

You will need a obd0 to obd1 conversion harness, and a obd1 distributor(correct me if i'm wrong on needing the distributor). Have you done a leak down test or at least a compression test on the motor? Any check engine lights on ? Alittle more info please. Also B18C can be a type r or gsr you need to check the stamping on the head (p72 or p73) to be positive or look at the intake manifold. GSR has a secondary plenum manifold.
Old 03-25-2006, 11:34 PM

Default Re: Bought a 90 Integra W/ Turbo B18C MAJOR PROBLEMS NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (90TegraB18C

Thank you for the information which you have given me.

Tomorrow, I will look at both the head and the intake manifold to get more information. As far as check engine lights, I am getting none with the car. Leak down test? Have not done it yet. I do have a feeling there is a head gasket problem with this engine because I always seem to find oil between the head and the block it self right by the front of the engine. All this will be taken care of as soon as I get all this wiring situation figured out.

OBD0 to OBD1 conversion harness no problem at all. Now what ECU will I need to run with this until I get the hondata? Will any OBD1 ECU off a B series work or do I need to find an ECU with spesific year, engine, code or anything else?

On other question, on the block where it said B18C under it there are some other numbers stamped as well would you need that number as well or that would have nothing to do with it?

Once again, thanks a million times for the help in advance!