Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beware of HMOTORSONLINE.com

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 01:12 PM
big strong guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Beware of HMOTORSONLINE.com (AudioFuct)

Check out this Link Regarding Steve and HMO...

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=462067

Good ****!!

Eric
Old 04-14-2004, 02:55 PM
We sell parts.

Default Re: Beware of HMOTORSONLINE.com (rainmanEK)

My buddy just got an H22a for his accord from HMO. I did the swap and the motor was extremely clean. The only problem i had was 4 stuck injectors. No biggie gave them a shock of 12 volts all was good.
Old 04-14-2004, 09:43 PM

Default Re: Beware of HMOTORSONLINE.com (jcz84)

How do I always find my way into these threads?

Like i said i ordered jdm and block says h22a1 as far as i know thats usdm not jdm,

Yes, as far as YOU know. Steve doesnt get USDM motors except for special request only, they cost him more. You know he had a batch of 1st gen B16A's come stamped with B16A2? Different countries do different things. Unless you requested USDM, you got a JDM motor.

vtec pressure switch was removed and was plugged with a bolt.

This is common with JDM swaps. The prelude was one of the first engines to bypass the VTEC Pressure switch. Did you know that When ApexI (a long time ago mind you) had to re-write their installation instructions for the VAFC? Most of the newer JDM motors (B and H series) didnt have that pressure switch, but the american market did and it was throwing check engine lights. This was a prob when it first came out. Have you tried running the motor without the VAFC and did you throw a code? And did you know you could have saved the cost of the VAFC by running the VTEC Pressure switch wire into the VTEC solenoid wire? I am sure Steve would have sent you that switch had you asked nicely and dealt with it like a grown up.

So i bought a vafc do bypass the pressure switch to engage vtec and i finally get it on the road and i noticed when i shift it drops out of vtec and had a lot of lag until 5000rpms

Have you tuned your VAFC? Its not a simple plug and play afair, and not only that but the lowest VTEC engaugement RPM on the VAFC is higher than that of the stock ECU. Yes, I too was amazed. So your running rich (hence bogging) until the VAFC switches on VTEC.

tranny also grinded really bad going into second and 3rd at high rpms so i looked at the tranny code and it says h2a8 wtf thats an accord trans it suppossed to be h22 tanny

Steve doesnt get a chance to drive these around at his place, he is usually willing to work with you on these issue's. Unless of course he finds out about it through his friends calling him and telling him that some guy on honda-tech is talking trash, and later the trash talked calls him. And once again, did you know that some of the accords in Japan had H22's in them? I dont really understand why you are upset about that tranny anyways. Its not that much different.

*sigh* I really dont see how you got really fucked and dicked over. Talk to Steve like he is your friend, he takes care of you. Think about when your at work and some customer cops an attitude with you, are you willing to go the extra mile for them?
Old 04-14-2004, 11:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Beware of HMOTORSONLINE.com (Slurp56)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Slurp56 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
*sigh* I really dont see how you got really fucked and dicked over. Talk to Steve like he is your friend, he takes care of you. Think about when your at work and some customer cops an attitude with you, are you willing to go the extra mile for them?</TD></TR></TABLE>

SOO TRUE!!
Why do people always expect everything to be spoonfed to them and ****. HMO deals with soo many engines going in and out.. one just may happen to slip by and be a bad one.. so dont bitch and complain about it and get it resolved the correct way...
Old 04-15-2004, 01:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Beware of HMOTORSONLINE.com

i bought my swap from HMO. and its great. been in for over a year now. runs hard all day long. i went to the shop and picked it out though. very clean. but it was like any place that sells swaps.. hundreds of motors layin on the ground. with a side area where they cleaned and prepped them for delivery. the rest looked dirty and like they just came out of the container.

i had no issues with it. and started up no problem. lil bit low compression levels than what i was "wanting" but it still pulls strong all day.

will be purchasing another motor from them after i pay off my car.

i think your problems are trivial.

hybrid........

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MadnessRacing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hhmmm hmotorsonline again damn this dude is burning people left and right, i rather buy a motor a the junk yard,i dont like that foo steve either he has a bad attitude,he doesnt know how to treat people right.</TD></TR></TABLE>

these motors probably came from a junk yard.....

you guys need to pull your skirts down
Old 04-15-2004, 01:10 PM

Default Re: Beware of HMOTORSONLINE.com (Slurp56)

okay lets ask 2 questions for any H22a owners out there. 1. did your motor come with a Vtec pressure switch? 2. does anyone own or ever hear of a jdm h22a1 motor besides this kid? ive never heard of any jdm motor with a number on the block
Old 04-15-2004, 05:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Beware of HMOTORSONLINE.com

HMO
bought a zc from steve last year...everything went as planned.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:05 PM
2.7(p/t)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Beware of HMOTORSONLINE.com (crxaccord)

Steve is good.

We had a customer buy a 97 JDM ITR swap from steve and there was a large crack down in back of the diffrential housing on the trans, i found this out after we had already put the motor in the car. So i took the trans back out of the car, and steve agreed to replace the housing for the cost of shipping. We havent gotten the new trans yet, but i have no doubt it will be done with the best quality. weve also ordered numerous motors from him with nothing but great outcomes.

-sander
Old 04-16-2004, 01:06 AM

Default Re: Beware of HMOTORSONLINE.com (crxaccord)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crxaccord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

SOO TRUE!!
Why do people always expect everything to be spoonfed to them and ****. HMO deals with soo many engines going in and out.. one just may happen to slip by and be a bad one.. so dont bitch and complain about it and get it resolved the correct way...</TD></TR></TABLE>

approx. 60 a week, give or take a dozen...try shipping 60 engines a week around the U.S.

btw, got my h22a from hmo in oct and runs fine, plus he sent me the lude driver/tranny mounts when requested for free, later i found out i didnt need them though....
Old 04-24-2004, 10:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Beware of HMOTORSONLINE.com (sander)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sander &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Steve is good.

We had a customer buy a 97 JDM ITR swap from steve and there was a large crack down in back of the diffrential housing on the trans, i found this out after we had already put the motor in the car. So i took the trans back out of the car, and steve agreed to replace the housing for the cost of shipping. We havent gotten the new trans yet, but i have no doubt it will be done with the best quality. weve also ordered numerous motors from him with nothing but great outcomes.

-sander</TD></TR></TABLE>

did you ever get your tranny case?

i just got two motors from him yesterday. on ls and one gsr.

the ls is missing the alt brackets
the motor is a 92 when i asked for a 94-95 motor
the harness doesn't match up
the motor mount is different
i asked for an obd1 ls motor, but i think i got an obd0

the gsr motor:
knock sensor broken
sensor on back of the throttle body is missing
valve cover is all scratched up

i will give him a call to see if he will send me the parts i need. lets see if he is as good as people say he is.
Old 04-24-2004, 01:17 PM
big strong guy

Default Re: Beware of HMOTORSONLINE.com (hondaeg8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaeg8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

did you ever get your tranny case?

i just got two motors from him yesterday. on ls and one gsr.

the ls is missing the alt brackets
the motor is a 92 when i asked for a 94-95 motor
the harness doesn't match up
the motor mount is different
i asked for an obd1 ls motor, but i think i got an obd0

the gsr motor:
knock sensor broken
sensor on back of the throttle body is missing
valve cover is all scratched up

i will give him a call to see if he will send me the parts i need. lets see if he is as good as people say he is.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Valve cover Scratched?

Come on man....Thats going a little to far!

Eric

Old 04-25-2004, 07:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Beware of HMOTORSONLINE.com (hondaeg8)

92 is a obd1 motor maybe you should have been a little more specific
Old 04-27-2004, 11:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Beware of HMOTORSONLINE.com (meanEG)

just got my full b20 swap.... came with EVERYTHING.. i was really happy... very clean also.. the only part that sucked was the wiring harness was cut... i could have sworn i asked for a full harness... well anyway.. does anyone have ECU clips for a OBDIIa motor?
Old 04-28-2004, 03:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This was bought from HMO last week, so far everything is good, motor looks to be in great shape, we'll know if it runs in a few weeks.

Modified by Gump at 2:25 AM 5/14/2004
Old 04-28-2004, 04:32 PM

we ordered two motors from HMO (steve) 2yrs ago H22a and B16A2.. Both engines still running strong to this date no problems with the motors what so ever. Just recently ordered H22a from him this April. Shipping only took about 1 wk 2 days and thats from Cali to NC!!!! great fast shipping on his part. Motor arrived very clean nicely wrap.. i didnt order the complete swap just motor tranny and ecu, but i thought it came with the intermediate shaft which it did not, so i told steve and it was a missunderstanding on my part but he said that he'll ship one out for me "kool" ... ill let you knoe how it goes in about 1wk to see if it fires up..

experience with OSAKA was different, we ordered a b16a 1st gen and H22a and both motors were not clean at all. motors cranked up but had a hard time

See with Steve you gotta understand his prices are fair and if you want cheap go somewhere esle, even he will tell you that, because his motors are really good from my experience.

Old 04-28-2004, 09:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought my h22 from Steve [hmotorsonline.com]..

Didn't install it for months upon months upon months. Probably close to a year.

Found some stuff missing when I went to install it and he shipped it out to me, even though it did take a while.

I'll buy from him again
Old 04-29-2004, 09:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (Jonathan_EH)

I've had nothing but good experiences with HMO.

Some people are just too quick to bitch about things.

Old 04-29-2004, 07:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Slopoke)

got an h22 from there also...still runs strong after a lil bit over a year
Old 04-30-2004, 09:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (breakaway)

i think this should be re-labeled a HMO vouch thread.

Old 04-30-2004, 10:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hondaZvic)

Agreed...

They relized they sent me the OBDIIA ECU for my OBDIIB car so they sent the ECU plugs for FREE and it got here in ONE DAY!! I havent had customer service like that in a long time
Old 05-01-2004, 05:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (crxaccord)

Since I am running my motor OBD0, and my b16a swap was OBD1, Steve agreed to exchange my OBD1 distributor and ECU for the OBD0 parts. Very good guy, very clean motor!
Old 05-13-2004, 11:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DAsmurf)

ok im gonna order a h22a from steve either tomorrow or monday

when you say be specific
what do you mean?

i need complete jdm h22a swap from a prelude with a 5 speed lsd tranny?

anything else/????

ill post pics when it arrives
Old 05-14-2004, 01:16 AM

we deal with HMO pretty often.. steve is a good guy and will work with you if you work iwth him
Old 05-14-2004, 01:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (redline201)

hmm..the thread starter has nothing else to say...
Old 05-14-2004, 01:25 PM

i bought a h22 from steve and when i installed it it didnt start up...took it to the shop and they said i had a blown head gasket. Call steve and he agreed to pay for the parts but not for labor...but he was being a dick about it. Still havent received my money yet, its been over 3 weeks. So if they money comes i would still be kinda neutral about HMO.

Quick Reply: Beware of HMOTORSONLINE.com