Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best H22a Civic header?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 10:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best H22a Civic header?

I am looking into buying a header for my H22 del Sol, and I was wondering which header is the best for the engine. Now, I know that there are 3 headers made specifically for a H22 in a Civic chassis: Hotshot, Imagine Engineering, and AN-R.

I have heard that both the AN-R and Imagine Engineering ones are great, but which one is best for performance? I realize that both will probably sacrafice some low end torque for some top end, but has anyone dyno tested both? I know that the Imagine Engineering one had some great (big HP increase in VTEC and some good gains in the low cam) outputs from what I searched for, but to the best of my knowledge, no one has dynoed the AN-R.

So, which one is the best all around header?
Old 01-10-2004, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Best H22a Civic header? (explosive)

It is hard to find a dyno for AN-R header. I have installed one and it is a great header. I saw a huge difference between the JDM header and teh AN-R. I have not dynoed it yet, but going to the track this month. Both headers are great. You may see a small difference in HP, but not much.
Old 01-10-2004, 11:17 AM

Default Re: Best H22a Civic header? (turbogixxer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbogixxer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It is hard to find a dyno for AN-R header. I have installed one and it is a great header. I saw a huge difference between the JDM header and teh AN-R. I have not dynoed it yet, but going to the track this month. Both headers are great. You may see a small difference in HP, but not much.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The dynos I'm seeing for the Imagine Engineering header have it making a good amount of horsepower all over the place, that's a good thing. I need to upgrade anyways since I have Skunk2 stage 2 stuff ready to go into the car after I get some other stuff. But for a couple months, I'm going to be running around with just the header on.

I was hoping that someone might have owned both, or driven two cars with each header and might be able to point me in the right direction. The Imagine Engineering one is more expensive, that is for sure.

Also, what is the difference between a street and merge collector on the AN-R header?

Also, if I get either header, will they bolt on with little to no modification to my current exhaust system with is a 2.5" piping from header back?
Old 01-10-2004, 12:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Best H22a Civic header? (explosive)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by explosive &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Also, what is the difference between a street and merge collector on the AN-R header?</TD></TR></TABLE>

PM EGsnail on this board, he works for AN-R

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by explosive &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Also, if I get either header, will they bolt on with little to no modification to my current exhaust system with is a 2.5" piping from header back?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Both are weld on. you will have to get a flange welded on to your current exhaust.
Old 01-10-2004, 12:48 PM

Damn it. How much would something like that run?
Old 01-10-2004, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (explosive)

I think the an-r header might be the same as the prospeed/elite as shown in this thread
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=525915
and dyno's for it are here
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=620523