Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAR'D H22A 93 hatchback - Not started or registered since 2008

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 08:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BAR'D H22A 93 hatchback - Not started or registered since 2008

Hey guys so let me explain a little bit about this car before I start asking for help. Well this 93 honda civic hatchback belongs to my brother who has own it ever since 2007 and it's a BAR'd H22 swap. He had the car since he was a senior in high school but after high school he bought a 2004 Evo and has had it ever since. Unfortunately after purchasing the Evo he left the civic since there was a few minor problems with it(forgot what it was I would need to ask him again). And unfortunately where he left the car was in the backyard of my parents house and has been there ever since, getting burnt by the sunlight and soaked by the rain in central california ever since 2008. Not to mention he wasn't smart enough to put the car on non-op and hasn't paid registration ever since. So 7 years later I now am bored out of mind just being home taking care of my newborn son, I have a lot of time from here until he gets older to fix the car up. Now I've own a 93 Del Sol before and now currently own a S2000. I pretty much am done with mods on my S2000 since I am not planning to built the motor in it Form>Function. I will have to say that even after 5 years of honda ownership I am still pretty much clueless when it comes to motor. I am more of a body technician, I know how to deal with body works but not motor work. So my question for you guys is what do you guys think I should look into trying to start the car back up? I know o2 sensor, oil, gas,spark plug, filters, coolant, fuse and basic stuff but what about the more technical stuff? Like map sensor, IACV, etc(things I don't know) I espcially have no clue about a swapped motor. Also since the car was BAR'd so long ago would I be able to renew the registration of the car with the BAR'd title on it? I know that after several years they would throw documents of your vehicle away if you haven't paid for registration. In this case my brothers car he hasn't paid it ever since 2008. I tried looking it up online under registration renewal and it says the VIN and license plate is invalid meaning it's already been deleted from their account. SO PLEASE ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED. Here's some pictures.

Mods that I know of:
-H22 swapped
-DC Headers
-Hasport motor mounts
-STR pro cam gears

2-23-2014
- okay so I found out from my brother that before he stopped driving the car he said that the problems he had was that his timing belt/motor was shaking a lot due to his key in the crank pulley and he attempted to remove it but gave up on it. The car also had problem with dying and not starting when the car is hot or the weather outside is too hot.

Last edited by Fishyboi4; 02-23-2014 at 10:59 AM.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: BAR'D H22A 93 hatchback - Not started or registered since 2008

bump for help
Old 02-22-2014, 06:51 AM
If you loved me, you'd all sell me your magic cards to me today

Call the BAR station and ask them about it.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

go to DMV and get the registrar the vehicle. Pay all fee and tell them you haven't smog the car yet, they should give you a red tag with a number that you can put on your car to drive around till you get it smog. When you go to the smog station, tell them your car is bar'd and they will look at your sticker, shouldn't be a problem with the h22, just make sure you have the correct emission on your car before you smog.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks guys and yeah I already call dmv and asked them about it on Friday and they said I just need to pay fee. But before I go pay the fee I need to get the car up and running first. Do you guys have any recommendation? Also I found out that before my brother stopped driving the car he said that the problems he had was that his timing belt/motor was shaking a lot due to his key in the crank pulley and he attempted to remove it but gave up on it. The car also had problem with dying and mot starting when the car is hot or the weather outside is too hot.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Recommendation on what? best advice i can give is to buy another h22 motor and start over. That way you know what going on.