Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B20Z w/ 4WD trans into EF?

Old 02-09-2019, 03:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default B20Z w/ 4WD trans into EF?

I'm looking to swap my EF with a B20Z. The swap I'm buying has the CRV's 4WD trans on it currently. I'm trying to use it with a car that needs a cable trans, and I also only want to use it as FWD, not 4WD.

Can I use this transmission for the swap? Or would you recommend I get a normal B-series cable trans? I'm new to B-series, and I tried to do a **** load of Googling, but really couldn't find anything about this trans.

Thanks for the help y'all
Old 02-10-2019, 06:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: B20Z w/ 4WD trans into EF?

Get a standard cable b series trans. You can sell the 5 speed awd tranny for 800 bucks give or take. The awd transmission is cable shifter vs shift rod, also it's hydro and doesn't feel right with the cable to hydro conversion at all. Also the trans mount and t bracket are different then a standard fwd transmission. Also the crv transmission is a 4.652 final drive making the gearing very short, like jdm itr tranny short.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: