Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B20Vtec Question. New To forum. Please answer.

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2002, 04:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B20Vtec Question. New To forum. Please answer.

I am kinda new into the HOnda swapping, and i have some several question about a frankekstein setup that i am about to do. Okay i own a 92 dx hatchback. I always wanted to do a complete, safe and reliable b20/vtec setup. But the thing is that i am on a tight budget and unfortunately i cannot afford everything at once such as pistons, cams , rods , vtec head..etc...... I am wondering if i can swap the b20z Into my HB for now only and would that be safe for daily driving? Anything else i should know or parts to buy b4 just swapping B20z into my car, like do i need mount kits first? i just wanted to build up the engine slowly like upgrading the cams, installing intake, headers, exhaust first and still have a good reliable car until i have Enuff money to get everythign that is needed for a good B20vtec setup. Is this possible? or do i have to jump straight to B20/vtec wit all the parts for it to be a safe daily driven car. Any advice or SUggestion would help, Thanks!!
Old 10-26-2002, 06:43 AM

Default Re: B20Vtec Question. New To forum. Please answer. (vietec25)

Since you mentioned you are on a tight budget........a frank engine is not cheap.

Even if you started with just a b20, you will still need, transmission, ECU, axles and mounts because b20s are coming from CRV powertrain. The cost to get this engine up and running in your hatch would most likely equal a straight swap like a b16 or b18.

Less headache and more time driving than fixing.

Old 10-26-2002, 07:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: B20Vtec Question. New To forum. Please answer. (vietec25)

Yea, its possible. However, if you go this route there is a lot of misc stuff that will have to be aquired.
If I had to do it all over again, and I chose to go vtec, then I would do it step by step like you say. This time though I dove straight in.
Next time will be a turboed b20 for me.