Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B20 swapped Integra loses power on hard shifts

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 12:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default B20 swapped Integra loses power on hard shifts

A friend of mine recently had a JDM B20B swapped into his Integra to replace his clapped-out B18B. It runs fine under normal everyday driving but as soon a you get on it and try to bang a hard shift it, according to the owner, feels like it stalls and only the forward momentum keeps the car moving... he likened it to the feeling of crashing into something almost.. that it's that violent.

I've not had a chance to look at the car yet but am wondering if anyone has ever heard of something like this? Since it revs freely (even to redline) and drives fine when driven "normally" I suspect something may be loose and getting knocked around during a hard shift? Just grasping at straws here and would appreciate any input.

FWIW, it's a 94 Integra LS with a JDM B20B (from HMotors Online ) and he's running the stock LS ECU.

EDIT: After more clarification from the owner, the car actually DOES stall (all of the dash lights come on) but immediately restarts since it's rolling and in gear with the clutch out. It will drive fine after this but will again stall if shifted hard).

Modified by DaiJekBok at 6:00 PM 10/13/2006