Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

b18c5 with delsol ecu having idling problems!!!! HONDAFAMILY PLEASE HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2004, 10:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default b18c5 with delsol ecu having idling problems!!!! HONDAFAMILY PLEASE HELP!!!!

honda family, i am having problems with a itr b18c5 motor with a delsol ecu (not too sure about the code) but i am having problems with idling from time to time. could this be due to the ecu? i am thinking about swapping the ecu out for a hondata stage 2. do you think this would solve this problem? how bad is this for the motor?

also even when i have had the car on the road for a extensive amount of time the heat temp reads as the motor is cold? could this also be the ecu as well...
Old 02-15-2004, 01:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: b18c5 with delsol ecu having idling problems!!!! HONDAFAMILY PLEASE HELP!!!! (Bang Easy)

the problems dont seem like its the ecu. hondata will not fix your problem. since your temp isnt working start there and fix that problem.
Old 02-15-2004, 05:39 AM

Try replacing your themorstat. If that is held open, even partially, it could cause your car to run at lower temps than it should. If that is the case, your ecu is seeing the low temp and going back into cold start mode.
Old 02-21-2004, 07:02 AM

Default Re: (jerseydevil)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jerseydevil &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Try replacing your themorstat. If that is held open, even partially, it could cause your car to run at lower temps than it should. If that is the case, your ecu is seeing the low temp and going back into cold start mode. </TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks for the ideas, i finally have some hope for this pos!