Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

b18c swap cranking fast but wont turn over??

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default b18c swap cranking fast but wont turn over??

well I was swapping out my intake manifold an had my injectors/ fuel rail laying on a box. my dog knocked my stock injectors off an broke off the orange protective piece on two of them so i bought more stock injectors. they are obd1 injectors i found out. I guess i had obd2 injectors. so i bought the conversion pieces an hooked them up. Got it all back together an at first it wouldnt even crank. 2nd time it started to crank really fast an it almost starts an sputters really weakly then shuts off. the fuel pump does kick on. idk where to check up next. thanks for help in advanced. also no cel is coming up. it ran fine before i put on manifold an swapped injectors. prolly been sitting for a month
Old 01-26-2013, 05:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: b18c swap cranking fast but wont turn over??

ttt
Old 01-26-2013, 12:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no one?
Old 01-26-2013, 04:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ttt
Old 01-27-2013, 12:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry I have to ask, on this board I have tried to help people assuming they had a stock that ran for years that just had problem one day. After a few days back and forth turns out the guy just bought the car, has cell light turned off, different ecu, on and on, etc...

Has this engine ever run in this car? What is the history of the car?

Does it turn over much faster than usual? If yes you are probably losing compression maybe from your plugs not screwed all the way in. Skipped a tooth on the timing belt could cause it turn over much faster.

I can't help you at all with swap/mismatch parts. obd1 vs obd2 injectors. Sorry I only have experience on boring factory cars. I am learning a lot on this board myself.

"cranking fast but wont turn over"

cranking fast == turn over. What are trying to say? Can you make a video and post it up?
Old 01-27-2013, 03:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Unless the pintles (little pins) on the ends are bent, the injectors will be fine. I'd suggest putting the originals back in and at least trying it.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by hwyix
Sorry I have to ask, on this board I have tried to help people assuming they had a stock that ran for years that just had problem one day. After a few days back and forth turns out the guy just bought the car, has cell light turned off, different ecu, on and on, etc...

Has this engine ever run in this car? What is the history of the car?

Does it turn over much faster than usual? If yes you are probably losing compression maybe from your plugs not screwed all the way in. Skipped a tooth on the timing belt could cause it turn over much faster.

I can't help you at all with swap/mismatch parts. obd1 vs obd2 injectors. Sorry I only have experience on boring factory cars. I am learning a lot on this board myself.

"cranking fast but wont turn over"

cranking fast == turn over. What are trying to say? Can you make a video and post it up?
yea i have had the car for almost a year. it ran an started fine. i just wanted to put a skunk2 manifold on it. its a gsr swap in a 95 hatch. im gonna try two of the old injectors just to see because idk how it could have just skipped time or anything like that. it was running fine before i messed with it. thats what i get though i guess.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

UPDATE: it started once i put old injectors in.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by HiProfile
Unless the pintles (little pins) on the ends are bent, the injectors will be fine. I'd suggest putting the originals back in and at least trying it.
is it ok to leave them in because the orange protective piece is broke on two of them? thats the only reason i got some other stock ones
Old 01-28-2013, 05:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Check ur manifold sensors u hooked up. Check ur map sensor plug and iacv plug might b plugged in wrong cause they got the same plugin. Try switching them around. Also check if ur getting spark when cranking or do u smell fuel when cranking. If u smell fuel then u might not b gettin spark.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Icon6 Re: b18c swap cranking fast but wont turn over??

Originally Posted by evo500
is it ok to leave them in because the orange protective piece is broke on two of them? thats the only reason i got some other stock ones
Not all honda injectors are equal. More than likely you got some 180cc obd2 injectors, which made your engine run 33% leaner. That's lean enough to not start.

You CAN run those injectors w/o the plastic tips. The plastic tip is simply that - a chunk of plastic. All they do is protect the pintle at the tip in case they are dropped. Basically you get one "freebie", and the second time you drop them they're probably junk.

I always put an arbitrary number/letter on them so I can tell my sets apart. I've seen many people nearly scrap their entire project just because they mixed obd1 and obd0 injectors, or 240cc with 180cc, etc. I try not to use the stock injectors anymore because of that, and instead use the same style that I sell.