Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

b18c Manual into an Auto eg..??

Old 03-05-2013, 09:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default b18c Manual into an Auto eg..??

After searching off and on for the past few days I have come short with the information I am looking for. I'm hoping someone has some info or knows of a thread with good info pertaining to this. I am not new to swapping motors in and out of civics..but it has been quite a FEW years and I have nvr dealt with an auto swap. Here's my predicament:

Project vehicle:
94 Civic Ex Coupe
Automatic
Stock D16

Donor vehicle (full vehicle):
95 OEM GSR
Manual..obviously

Looking to drop the b18 into my eg, but am trying to KISS (that's what this swap is all about anyways xD!)

What I am trying to figure out:
1) Will the integra pedals, cables, master cylinder, hydraulic lines, etc ALL fit in the eg properly? Edit: Found everything I needed from a donor eg in the junk yard for 50 bucks. Good to go Here!
2) I know that it is an obd1 to obd 1 swap and vtec is already wired, but is there any other rewiring that will need to take place save possibly lengthening or shortening sensor wires? Edit: Answered. Thank you 94EG8
3) Mounts and brackets??? From my research I have read that you need to special order tranny brackets..any truth on this? I assumed the Teg mounts and brackets would line right up to the civics, regardless if it was auto or manual. EDIT: Answered. Ordering auto to man conversion mount for a b series. found here at Hasport.com http://hasport.com/store/index.php/m...series-eg.html
4) Any fabricating to be done? Answered.

Wondering if it would be worth selling the civic and buying another manual. She will be a daily driver..and the less quirks the better.

Anyways..as of now those are my main concerns. Would like to figure out some concrete answers before I tear apart two fairly decent running vehicles :D.

Last edited by totec; 03-11-2013 at 09:55 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: b18c Manual into an Auto eg..??

I've read somewhere where the driver side auto mount is different from the manual mount, I'm not sure cause I've never done an auto to manual swap. But I think that may b only dufference
Old 03-06-2013, 07:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Also found this hopefully this helps

http://www.b20vtec.com/forums/genera...l-swap-eg.html
Old 03-06-2013, 08:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks! Doesnt answer everything, but that helps a lot as far as the mount goes for the tranny. Another $150 to shuck out ! Great master list too for all the parts.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:23 AM
H-T Premium Sponsor

Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts

you can always change the frame rail bracket on passenger side and use a factory mount
Old 03-07-2013, 08:49 AM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Hasport
you can always change the frame rail bracket on passenger side and use a factory mount
I've done this a couple of times. Much cheaper than buying a mount if you have the donor vehicle and welder. The manual bracket sides a half an inch ahead or back from the automatic bracket (I want to say ahead) It will be quite obvious in terms of how it lays against the frame rail when you test fit it.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Good stuff..I will keep that in mind!

Now my last two major Qs are if there is any fabrication that will need to take place (excluding the possible moving of the frame rail bracket) and any rewiring regarding going from auto to manual.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:42 AM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by totec
Now my last two major Qs are if there is any fabrication that will need to take place (excluding the possible moving of the frame rail bracket)
Not really, other than drilling the 2 holes for the bolts that old up the manual shift linkage (there will be 2 1" spots marked, drill directly in the center of them.) and you'll need to do something for an inner shift boot. I always just drilled the spotwelds out of the metal piece on the manual car and then bolted it into the automatic car. It will fit through the automatic shifter hole but just barely. Then cover up the hole left from where the automatic shift cable went through the floor.

Originally Posted by totec
and any rewiring regarding going from auto to manual.
Yes, starting circuit and backup lights. See my thread on the starting circuit here: https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/5th-gen-civic-auto-manual-starting-circuit-right-way-2348557/
Old 03-11-2013, 09:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks again 94EG8. The wiring was what I was most worried over. I may end up pm'ing you when I get to that point. Looking to go with a mount adapter since i was planning on buying new mounts anyways.

As of right now..just finished stripping the 95 GSRs interior save for dash, carpet and, steering wheel. Looking to pull out the motor by the weekend and begin the tear down for the rebuild. off to do some more research and decide whether I want to go full OEM or not.