Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B18C 88 CRX Road Clearance Issues with this swap?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B18C 88 CRX Road Clearance Issues with this swap?

I did several searches for this but did not find a thread. I was doing a google on B18C CRXs and came upon a tech article talking about what a tight fit a B18C is in a CRX. It is sandwiched in there. Here is the article
http://hybrid2.honda-perf.org/....html
I have the Hasport mounts in my car. From what I read it sounds like "typically" you have to lower (approx. 2 inches) the engine in some way to get it under the CRX hood. That of course means it hangs out the bottom two inches lower. I just received Koni/GC/Eibach ERS 450/550 (they sent an fork shock instead of an eyelet shock for the rear) and want to lower the car one inch. The car is 80% track car but I have one track ten minutes from home (Barber) and another forty minutes from home (Talladega Gran Prix Raceway). I want to be able to drive it on the street to events on nice weather days or to occasionally tool around back roads. Will I have an header smashing, ripped oil pan, flaming oil fire scenario trying to lower a B18c hybrid CRX an inch. Looking for reassurance (hopefully) or warning to stay at stock height due to someone's experience. TIA.
Barry H.
Old 05-12-2004, 04:41 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: B18C 88 CRX Road Clearance Issues with this swap? (apexinghonda)

you should have no issues if you go with a quality mount kit company like HASport!

if you ride around "ghetto slammed" then you will have issues with axels....if you do hard launches on the street you will snap axels....

otherwise this is a OVERPOWERED bundle of joy swap!!