Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B18B swap parts. How to identify?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B18B swap parts. How to identify?

I found a B18b1 longblock in a local junkyard. It's missing a dizzy, and others accesories like alternator, etc...

I need to know how to identify visually the parts I need to complete the longblock. There are many scrap parts laying around, so I need specifics.

-Any dizzy that will fit (from any of these engines: B18A, B18B, B20Z, B20A, etc)
-Hydro tranny (How do I identify a hydro from a cable tranny?)
-Alternator
-Power Steering Pump
-A/C pump

Any pics will be great.
Old 09-08-2003, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: B18B swap parts. How to identify? (jetpilot)

anyone plz help. Im going ack to the junkyard and I want to see if the swap is worth it
Old 09-09-2003, 04:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: B18B swap parts. How to identify? (jetpilot)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jetpilot &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I need to know how to identify visually the parts I need to complete the longblock. There are many scrap parts laying around, so I need specifics.

-Any dizzy that will fit (from any of these engines: B18A, B18B, B20Z, B20A, etc)
-Hydro tranny (How do I identify a hydro from a cable tranny?)
-Alternator
-Power Steering Pump
-A/C pump</TD></TR></TABLE>

You might as well match the OBD of the distributor to the OBD you'll be using in the car to avoid splicing/repinning.

Hydro tranny will have a slave cylinder on the front, if missing you can still tell by the engagement fork arm. The cable tranny will have an arm on the front with a bend and mount for the clutch cable. Look around on here for some tranny pics and you should have no problem telling the 2 apart.

Alternator shouldn't be an issue, just match the OBD to avoid splicing.

You'll need a 94-95 Integra power steering pump if I'm not mistaken. I don't own any cars with power steering and 2 of the swaps that I've done (both B16A's in OBD1 cars) came with a power steering pump that matched the lines and worked perfect.

If you're dumping the motor into a Civic you won't need the A/C compressor rather use the stock Civic one with a Del Sol VTEC S/C bracket.