Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B18B into a CRX...help me out

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2003, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B18B into a CRX...help me out

ok guys, im gonna be swapping a b18b motor into a 88-91 crx shell pretty soon and i wanted to hear some hints and experiences from some guys who have done the swap. here are some of my questions...
1. How was the overall difficulty of the swap?
2. What ecu and wiring harness do i use, and also, what are the modifications i need to make to the wiring.
3. Should i use integra axles? or do i use the crx axles?
4. What other modifications do i need to make to the car when doing the swap? like motor mounts, cable tranny swaps etc..etc..

Thanks a lot for your help in advance, also...if you guys got any good websites with this information please let me know...
Old 07-27-2003, 09:26 PM
New User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: B18B into a CRX...help me out (BTR ALL MOTOR)

http://www.JDMshit.com/hcp/EFfitment <--- answers most of your questions. For the wiring, it all depends on what model your CRX is.... HF, DX, or Si.
Old 07-28-2003, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: B18B into a CRX...help me out (Newman)

thanks for the info....
Old 07-28-2003, 03:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: B18B into a CRX...help me out (BTR ALL MOTOR)

I have a 91 CRX DX with a 96 B18B1 and 92 GSR YS1 cable tranny. I used HASport billet motor mounts and HASport shift linkage. I also converted the car from auto to manual at the time of the swap.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">1. How was the overall difficulty of the swap?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Pretty simple and straight forward even with the auto to manual.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">2. What ecu and wiring harness do i use, and also, what are the modifications i need to make to the wiring.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I used the OBD0 PR4 Integra ECU, injectors with resistor box and distributor for plug-n-play. I reused my stock engine harness and wired it for MPFI.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">3. Should i use integra axles? or do i use the crx axles?</TD></TR></TABLE>

No choice here, you must use the Integra axles. Depending on which intermediate shaft used, match the axles to that. In my case I used a 92 intermediate shaft with 90-93 Integra axles.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">4. What other modifications do i need to make to the car when doing the swap? like motor mounts, cable tranny swaps etc..etc..</TD></TR></TABLE>

Dented driver's frame rail for alternator pulley clearance, cut lip on rear x-member for rear bracket clearance, changed to 90-93 Integra driver's side and rear mount brackets, rewired from DPFI to MPFI, and a few more things I can't remember

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks a lot for your help in advance, also...if you guys got any good websites with this information please let me know...</TD></TR></TABLE>

B18A/B Install into EF Chassis