Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

b18b bloack with b18a head? and crank sensor question...

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default b18b bloack with b18a head? and crank sensor question...

one day my timing belt snapped and i bent bunch of valves. instead of replacing the valves, i decided to buy a used head from a honda-tech member. i think i got a b18a head. now i have a b18b (full detail on my signature). when i swapped the head i replaced my internals with forged parts. it hasnt run since. i did valve adjustment, i have fuel, i have compression, i have air, and distributor is good too. my questions are these:
1) will b18a head work on b18b with b18b cams?

2) my crank sensor at the bottom of the block by the pulley may not be working, would that cause my car not to start?

its been about a year (i swear) that my car hasnt run. this sucks and i need u guy's help. i have checked everything else so if u can JUST answer these 2 questions i would have varified EVERYTHING.

Old 02-23-2005, 09:40 PM

Default Re: b18b bloack with b18a head? and crank sensor question... (98B00STED)

are the injectors on the new head obd2 like the rest of the engine? you made no mention of getting fuel...you need to be more specific on what youve checked
Old 02-24-2005, 03:45 AM

Default Re: b18b bloack with b18a head? and crank sensor question... (neogenesis2004)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by neogenesis2004 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">are the injectors on the new head obd2 like the rest of the engine? you made no mention of getting fuel...you need to be more specific on what youve checked</TD></TR></TABLE>

please read my post again. i am getting fuel. anyway i have checked everything, EVERYTHING. except vafirying those two questions. thats why i need them answered.