Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

b185 Del sol passes emmissions with kenji ECU!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default b185 Del sol passes emmissions with kenji ECU!

i was shocked as well. i swapped in a ITR engine into my freinds 94 del sol SI, thanks to all that helped me with that swap. It had cam gears with intake at 7 advanced and exhaust at 2 retarded. Intake, header, custom skunk catback with my in house special cherry bomb with NO CAT! also a fuel rail and a FPR set at 55 constant. Had the P28 reprogrammed by Kenji, BTW he does great work and fast.
I knew my freind had to go to emmisions, he told me this of course after i did the swap,, i was like, "you moron!" I told him, i want to put the stock ECU in when you go and just LIMP your car there, get it tested and then ill swap em back. Anyhow, i forgot all about him getting it tested, and this weekend im, like, hey whats up with your emmisions? he started laughing,, im like, how bad did it flunk, he said it passed. after five minutes of me callin him a Bullshitter, he got pissed and got the papers to show me. i was shocked. he said he was shocked as **** too.
but,,, they didnt put him on the rollers becuase of his rims, this could be the reason possibly. and we live in Illinios for anyone that wanted to know.
-true story
latah