Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B18 SWAP ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2003, 10:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B18 SWAP ?'s

Hey guys...i jus bought a 98 b18b complete swap and im swapping it into my 95 civic ex. I was wondering if there any additional or different things i need for this swap to work perfectly with my civic?? Also i have a ls power steering pump...can i use the hose and resevoir from my ex and do i need a bracket of some sort? Thanks.
Old 02-17-2003, 11:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: B18 SWAP ?'s (bOOsTiNSoHcVtEc)

You may use the original B18B engine harness to clip right into your civic -- however, you will need to add the knock sensor wiring to D3 pin-out on the new ls ecu (p75).

with you using the LS engine harness, there is already a wire coming from the knock sensor (which is mounted at the rear of the engine near the cylinder head), it will be already be wired up right at the firewall...

You will just need to locate the wire (which I believe is a blue/red wire -- but I could be mistaken), and wire it from the firewall over to the actual ECU harness at the D3 pin-out.

here is a diagram so that you may be able to locate D3:

as for the LS power steering pump, I believe you may obtain your stock civic main power steering line and go right onto the LS pump, and you may also use the reservior from your EX, you will just need to make sure there is a proper hose going to it and able to flow -- that is it.

as for everything else, it's pretty much bolt and go. You may use your stock tranny and driver side mount from the Civic; as the 98 tranny and driver side mount will not work since they are different style -- but using your stock civic mounts will work just fine.

good luck with your swap

[Modified by poison, 1:09 AM 2/18/2003]
Old 02-17-2003, 11:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: B18 SWAP ?'s (poison)

Thanks man...so i dont have to get a different throttle cable or a different lower radiator hose?? Oh yeah...also during the shipment i tink they cracked the tip of my throttle body, will that effect anything?
Old 02-18-2003, 12:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: B18 SWAP ?'s (bOOsTiNSoHcVtEc)

you can use your stock civic throttle cable, but I'd recommend getting an integra (gs, ls or gsr will work), or even 99-00 si will work as well.

for radiator, I would purchase a del Sol vtec dual core radiator, or 99-00 si dual core radiator, and hoses, clutch, timing belt should be replaced as well when doin the swap.

cracked the tip of your throttle body? really depends, doesn't sound too good though.

you might have a damaged/missing TPS or MAP sensor