Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B16a2 Idle Surge

Old 04-22-2019, 10:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default B16a2 Idle Surge

Swapped a b16a2 into my 94 civic originally d15b7. Ran great but would have an idle surge from 700-2000 as soon as the car warmed up and only when stopped. It didn't occur that often however one day my power wire on the alternator came loose and fried all the plastic around it etc. and I drove home on just the battery. The second that happened now the idle surge happens every single time I come to a stop? I thought it might just be a usual vacuum leak but now it seems like something electrical? Did I fry part of my ecu? Any suggestions? I hate to make yet another idle surge thread but I've given up.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: