Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B16 swapped out for B18c1

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 07:36 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B16 swapped out for B18c1

I'm not sure which B16 engine was taken out of the car, but it is a B18C1 how would I be able to tell if this swap was done correctly, other than I did drive it home almost 200 miles? Is there anything to lookout for, electrical or mechanical wise? Any specific parts I should look for? Is equipped with a Jackson supercharger. Car is un-tuned.
Old 04-25-2017, 02:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: B16 swapped out for B18c1

Did you ask the previous owner what was done to the car? Since it does have a supercharger, you could assume the injectors and fuel pump have been changed. At this stage you are probably better off taking it to a shop to have them look over the car for you and have it tuned also. Whatever you do don't drive the car hard until you get it tuned.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 797 Likes on 737 Posts
Default Re: B16 swapped out for B18c1

Originally Posted by pogeeboy27
Did you ask the previous owner what was done to the car? Since it does have a supercharger, you could assume the injectors and fuel pump have been changed. At this stage you are probably better off taking it to a shop to have them look over the car for you and have it tuned also. Whatever you do don't drive the car hard until you get it tuned.
Yes, get it tuned RIGHT NOW !!! If you take it to a quality shop, they may very well be able to look over the engine bay and make an assessment as to the quality of the install as you have asked. If they detect issues, they can also offer solutions for the necessary repairs... and get you an estimate for the costs of said repairs.