Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Hybrid / Engine Swaps (https://honda-tech.com/forums/hybrid-engine-swaps-18/)
-   -   B16 Swap Into A 95 EJ Civic (https://honda-tech.com/forums/hybrid-engine-swaps-18/b16-swap-into-95-ej-civic-3331855/)

YoSalinas 12-24-2018 07:04 PM

B16 Swap Into A 95 EJ Civic

so i have a b16a2 from a Si civic, i have a 1995 honda civic ej/eg coupe. what mounts & brackets do i need?
i heard i can use my D series mounts which i have upgraded solid innovative mounts.
My real problem is what T bracket do i use ??
some say i can use a stock one from my D16, some say i need it from the 99-00 Si and others again say i need it from a integra ? 🙄 CAN I JUST GET A SIMPLLEEE ANSWER FROM SOMEONE WHO DID A B SWAP ??
Do i use a Si , Teggy or my stock D series one.
If it’s a Teggy WHAT YEAR DO I NEED TO GET IT OUT FROM ???

JRCivic1 12-24-2018 08:58 PM

Re: B16 Swap Into A 95 EJ Civic

Originally Posted by YoSalinas (Post 51814721)
so i have a b16a2 from a Si civic, i have a 1995 honda civic ej/eg coupe. what mounts & brackets do i need?
i heard i can use my D series mounts which i have upgraded solid innovative mounts.The rear and R upper transmission mounts will work fine... the question is will the driver's side mount work. IF your driver's side mount is a "3 bolt", then you will need to swap out the L engine bracket (under the timing cover of the B16A2) with a 3-bolt bracket from any '94-01 Integra. If you have a 2-bolt mount, then it will bolt directly to the factory B16A2 engine bracket.
My real problem is what T bracket do i use ??
some say i can use a stock one from my D16 STRIKE 1, some say i need it from the 99-00 Si STRIKE 2 and others again say i need it from a integra NOW WE GOT A WINNER ? 🙄 CAN I JUST GET A SIMPLLEEE ANSWER FROM SOMEONE WHO DID A B SWAP ??
Do i use a Si , Teggy or my stock D series one.
If it’s a Teggy WHAT YEAR DO I NEED TO GET IT OUT FROM ??? You need one from a '94-01 Integra.

This is really old tech... and the answers that I have provided can be found in the "Sticky"s at the top of this sub-forum. You should really research a bit more before you ask basic stuff such as this... I answered to try and save you from a mile of flaming since you are new. Welcome to the forum.

If the answers that you provided above came from any of your friends or family... DO NOT listen to any of them that provided the wrong answers. They are only going to cause you heartache and confusion.

YoSalinas 12-24-2018 09:06 PM

I’ve read multiple threads from this site and i’ve gotten multiple answers for the same question but asked different each time, people again said the Si i need, them some with the integra and people from facebook say i can use the stock D series one, it was just all confusion for me, i’m new to this engine swap era since i’m only 17 and still have a milestone of learning, you’ve cleared it up, thank you.

JRCivic1 12-25-2018 08:34 PM

You are most welcome. Always remember that your EG ('92-95) Civic engine bay is essentially a TWIN to what is found in the '94-01 Integra, so this will usually be the proper donor source for your transplant needs. PM me if you need additional help... or consider starting a build thread and document your path... and you can ask all you want there.

YoSalinas 12-26-2018 12:37 AM

I’ll take that into consideration, appreciate it