Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B16 into my 96 EX Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2002, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B16 into my 96 EX Coupe

Whats up guys? I did a search and I didnt find what I was looking for, so if this is posted and I missed it I'm sorry. So anyway...

I have a 96 EX Coupe and I just purchased a 00 Si swap with only 20K on it CHEAP. I confused on the wiring, the dude gave me 'THE' wire harness, in the bag it weighs like 25 lbs.. Will any parts of my stock harness be used or compatible with the one of the B16? or do I have to switch out everything? Nothing is cut and all of the main wiring is still on the engine and plugged in, like the harness that goes through the fire wall and into the ecu, then there is one other plug(green) on the driver side of the engine. Then the rest in piled up in the garbage bag. Well if any of this makes any sense to you please help me out, Im confusing myself more just typing this.

Thanks guys

Thanks H-T.com for the space
Old 11-20-2002, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: B16 into my 96 EX Coupe (CarbonEK96)

Confused..haha. Well, your in luck because this is about the easiest swap ever.

You need to use your stock EX harness. Everything will plug up to the b16a2. You will need to extend the primary o2 about a foot and a half and put the d16y8 CKF plug on the b16a2. There is no other modifications necessary.

As for the ECU, if you can find a 96-97 Del Sol VTEC P30 your lucky. That is honestly the easiest route and that is what I did. If you can't find one, you have 2 options. You can A: get a OBD1 conversion harness and run a Chipped P28 or an OBD1 P30 or B: buy a 96-98 --> 99-00 conversion harness and use your P2T Si ECU.

You can sell the Si harness for about $120 or so.

EDIT: Just so you know, the CKF is just a 2 wire plug so it's not hard at all.

[Modified by madtownhonda, 8:12 PM 11/20/2002]