Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B Series Interchangeable Parts USDM/EDM/JDM

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 07:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B Series Interchangeable Parts USDM/EDM/JDM

I have searched high and low for a reference to this topic. I know some of the OEM parts I can use to build up my B18A1 (first gen) i.e. B16A pistons to raise my compression and most B18B parts. But I would like to find something that goes through it ALL. I would like to see TB and IM comparisons. Exhaust manifold comparisons. I know that I'm probably the only guy who does not want to use after market parts to improve performance in my Honda, but what can I say. I'm a junkyard kind of guy.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: B Series Interchangeable Parts USDM/EDM/JDM (MugenMojo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MugenMojo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have searched high and low for a reference to this topic. I know some of the OEM parts I can use to build up my B18A1 (first gen) i.e. B16A pistons to raise my compression and most B18B parts. But I would like to find something that goes through it ALL. I would like to see TB and IM comparisons. Exhaust manifold comparisons. I know that I'm probably the only guy who does not want to use after market parts to improve performance in my Honda, but what can I say. I'm a junkyard kind of guy.</TD></TR></TABLE>your kidding right?look here
https://honda-tech.com/zerosearch
Old 09-19-2007, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

eh i'm bored so i guess I'll make a nice reply

throttle body-all honda throttle bodies have the same bolt pattern, so they'll all bolt up to whatever IM. however some such as a b18c/1/3 have a different throttle cable position (i THINK) so to be safe you'd probably want to not use a gsr one. I'd recommend having you stock one ported if you're dead set on using stock parts.
Intake mani-you stuck with an ls mani, b18b,b1,a1,etc. they're all the same and flow like ****, just like a stock ls head.
header-you can use either any b18 header, not a b16 one tho. JDM ITR apparently works the best, but their price reflects this.
Rods and crank-ls cranks have an 89mm(3.504in) stroke which yeilds the largest displacement, so you don't want to change that. as for the rods, LS rods are different length than other b-series so you must use them with an LS crank.

My advice, if you're on a hardcore budget (i'm assuming this b/c you only want to use oem parts), stock block LS vtec. upgrade to arp rod bolts and head studs and slap on any vtec head. check out these threads for details
http://hondaswap.com/general-t...nfo-8/
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1676914
Old 09-20-2007, 10:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: B Series Interchangeable Parts USDM/EDM/JDM (CivicVX94)

^^^^^Thanks man. This is what I was looking for. "HondaCivicSiR1" was no help at all. I don't think I want to go with LSvtec though. Any more info, send it this way!
Old 09-20-2007, 05:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

not a problem...
if you want to stay oem and non-vtec, I'd go with a high compression b20. you can get a b20 block cheap, buy some cast high comp pistons and get some headwork. idk if your interested or not, but I have a fully ported/polished/comb.chamb. worked LS head. never been ran since the work, has factory valve train installed already and I don't need it b/c I went vtec.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I might be interested..... how much?