Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Automatic staying automatic Civic motor swap

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 03:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Automatic staying automatic Civic motor swap

Looking at a 94 DX AT with high miles for my step-brother. Doesn't want a MT. And it's cheaper to get a AT Civic around here.

What about a Civic D15B7 w/ AT...swapping to...Civic B18B1 w/ AT? Straight drop swap?
Old 06-10-2006, 05:52 PM
I'm really 2slow

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Automatic staying automatic Civic motor swap (D16Z6racing)

pretty much. you need everything from the b18b1; rear bracket, motor mount, tranny mount, axles, half shaft, ecu and bigger radiator hoses from the integra.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:34 AM
RTFM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

have fun wiring in the integra transmission computer!
you would do better chipping the stock civic computer for b18b1 fuel and timing maps so it can control teh tranny.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (v4lu3s)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by v4lu3s &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">have fun wiring in the integra transmission computer!
you would do better chipping the stock civic computer for b18b1 fuel and timing maps so it can control teh tranny.</TD></TR></TABLE>

So it's not really a straight swap?

I've done an uncountable amount of MT swaps. Drop in the motor, plug everything in together, plug the ECU....go (in short).

I don't know crap about AT swaps. I've been temped to even swap my Accord AT with a H22/23 AT. Same situation?

I've never heard of the tranny taking extra wiring.

I'm probably not gonna know how either, since I've never heard of this. But I also don't know how to chip the ECU. This swap will be done in my own garage too save money, so the re-wiring sounds like the way it will go.

Any other info on the tranny wiring you can give me?
Old 06-12-2006, 02:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (D16Z6racing)

I've done an automatic B18B swap into my sister's Del Sol before.

It involved making a custom passenger side mount, actually, and cutting away a bit around the transmission to get it to fit.

I'll post up pics tomorrow.

Save yourself time and headaches by purchasing the http://www.jkobd.com conversion harness. It's a comprehensive piece that tells you step-by-step how to wire in the TCM (transmission control module). Saved me tons of time.

EDIT: Someone mentioned reprogramming the Civic ECU to run the LS trans. Sorry, won't work. Just get the TCM from the Integra. Make life easy.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (D-Rob)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by D-Rob &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Save yourself time and headaches by purchasing the http://www.jkobd.com conversion harness. It's a comprehensive piece that tells you step-by-step how to wire in the TCM (transmission control module). Saved me tons of time.

EDIT: Someone mentioned reprogramming the Civic ECU to run the LS trans. Sorry, won't work. Just get the TCM from the Integra. Make life easy.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for the props man. Glad things worked out ok. As far as the original poster, the problem on the OBD1 d-series is that the tranny is controlled through the ecu but also cable linkages on your current setup. These linkages have a huge amount of control and if not transferred or already on the new d-series swap, it will not work.

Jason