Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto to Stick WITH a B16A swap into EK...

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2003, 11:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto to Stick WITH a B16A swap into EK...

Sorry, archive seach doesn't work and B16/Ek doesn't come up w/ much...

Gonna jump on a B16A swap into an EK next weekend... the car also needs an auto to stick swap at the same time.

Any surprises when converting to a B16 on an EK ? The engine will have the Tranny, Ecu, Axles.... but I am concerned w/ the wiring harness... will there be any need to cut and extend any sensor/plug wires ? Any other surprises to expect ?

Never done a swap into an EK.

X2 (Excuse my vagueness)
Old 04-09-2003, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Auto to Stick WITH a B16A swap into EK... (X2BOARD)

http://www.jspectuning.com/6gen

auto to 5spd....I dunno.
Old 04-09-2003, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Auto to Stick WITH a B16A swap into EK... (Trey)

Tanx for the link...any other good references for the rest ?

X2
Old 04-10-2003, 09:44 AM

Default Re: Auto to Stick WITH a B16A swap into EK... (X2BOARD)

that swap is fairly easy, it took me a week (my first time) between getting the old motor out waiting for the new one to come in and swaping to a stick, i did all this in between school and work. for the wiring u can use your stock civic harness, there will be a few extra plugs-just cut off anfy extras after install and if you dont have a check engine light, also the is a little blue box in the dash above the pedals rip it out, thats all the wiring. abviously you are gonna need manuel pedals the is already a hole in the firewall for the clutch pedal and clutch master cylinder witch yoou are gonna need. plus all hardware like the hard lines to go from the master to the slave cylinder. that takes care of a properly working clutch. next were the auto shifter is rip it out i had no saws and there is a lump in the floor board that gets in the way of the shift linkage, i just hacked punched ripped and drilled until i got it out of the way.. then connect the shift linkage to the motor have a friend help have it in nuetral and put the linkage were you want it and drill holes in the floor board gets some bolts and after all is complete it is awsome having a manuel with a vtec motor....... there may be one or two plugs that only fit autmatics by th intake manifold there pretty basic just swap the plugs out for the gsr one and all is said and done you will be proud of your accomplishment let me know how it turns out i am glad to help someone because i was in your position a few months ago