Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ask your H22 Questions Here

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 03:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (SixguN)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbogixxer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You need 4 things to start a engine: Fuel, Spark, timing (both cam and ignition), and compression. You have spark and fuel, you need to check timing and compression.

Bad gas maybe?</TD></TR></TABLE>

The timing is right on the money both ignition and cam. It has hella compression and I have been spraying ether in the intake manifold so I know its not bad gas. It even has new plugs. I am just stumped on this one. The kid who was driving it said he was driving it along and it just quit. Now it wont start for anything.

keep the suggestions coming.....................
Old 04-02-2006, 03:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

check to see if the distributer is seized or very hard to turn (by hand).. it could have skipped a tooth on the cam timing.

happens all the time.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:31 PM

Default Re: (2point2)

When I rev up the motor fast, it sounds like a belt is slipping. My tensioner is on correctly, timing is still on and hasn't slipped a tooth, my alternator belt is on tight and it still smells like gas, my speedo is still not working either.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SixguN)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SixguN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">smells like gas</TD></TR></TABLE>

raw gasoline?
Old 04-02-2006, 01:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BigBlockH22atch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BigBlockH22atch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The timing is right on the money both ignition and cam. It has hella compression and I have been spraying ether in the intake manifold so I know its not bad gas. It even has new plugs. I am just stumped on this one. The kid who was driving it said he was driving it along and it just quit. Now it wont start for anything.

keep the suggestions coming.....................</TD></TR></TABLE>

did you pull all the plugs and see what they look like (wet/dry/black etc.)? Maybe try turning it over with a plug connected to the spark plug wire and double check it has good spark on all 4. If its not even coughing or trying to fire I would think its an ignition problem.
Old 04-02-2006, 01:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (skunked)

bump to the top and being single again fella's.....it's ruff after sharing almost 10
yrs. of your life w/someone and finding out it was all nothing but a ******* dam lie.
oh yeah for the people who say this is the wrong thread.

expletive YOU.......and for the fella's who have been like family i can not thank
you enought for being w/me thru the tuff times.

harv
Old 04-02-2006, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (1700anddroping)

that sucks man....

Old 04-02-2006, 03:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sucks harv
Old 04-02-2006, 03:12 PM

Default Re: (ghostofnyc)

well all i can say is...i definitely will be bigger this yr and sexier.hahaha

it was just a matter of time anyway.what hurts me the most is when i wake up
and i don't have my little boys beside me.RAGE quickly sets in guys like no other.
Old 04-02-2006, 03:38 PM
Ditto

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1700anddroping &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">bump to the top and being single again fella's.....it's ruff after sharing almost 10
yrs. of your life w/someone and finding out it was all nothing but a ******* dam lie.
oh yeah for the people who say this is the wrong thread.

expletive YOU.......and for the fella's who have been like family i can not thank
you enought for being w/me thru the tuff times.

harv</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey man, sorry to hear that man. You know alot of us have been here through everything man.

Us old school thread guys have all said it, if you need anything man... just let us know.

Old 04-02-2006, 03:42 PM

A buddy of mines just swapped an h22 into his EG hatch and when we took it for a ride i noticed that the temp gauge went up to the top of the little boat. I know its supposed to be like at the median.

Then when we parked, the blowby/catchcan for the coolant just started leaking coolant all over the place, but when we turned the car on again it was at the halfway mark on the temp gauge, this is just after driving around for about an hour or so to check for any problems on the car.

So my question is, what could be causing this? we already checked all of the hoses and there fine werent leaking from there, no leaks anywhere. The only place antifreeze came out of was the catch can/blowby on the radiator.

Any kind of info is appreciated, thanks.

Old 04-02-2006, 04:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SuperSpic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SuperSpic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> A buddy of mines just swapped an h22 into his EG hatch and when we took it for a ride i noticed that the temp gauge went up to the top of the little boat. I know its supposed to be like at the median.

Then when we parked, the blowby/catchcan for the coolant just started leaking coolant all over the place, but when we turned the car on again it was at the halfway mark on the temp gauge, this is just after driving around for about an hour or so to check for any problems on the car.

So my question is, what could be causing this? we already checked all of the hoses and there fine werent leaking from there, no leaks anywhere. The only place antifreeze came out of was the catch can/blowby on the radiator.

Any kind of info is appreciated, thanks.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Did you bleed the air out of the system?

Could be a sticky thermostat as well.
Old 04-02-2006, 04:24 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2point2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

raw gasoline?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, I am getting spark and my plugs are gapped right too.

One new thing though, when I am sitting in my car revving the engine up lightly to about 2500-3000 rpm's, The tach is working, but once I turn the head lights on, the needle goes dead and stops working, but if I turn the lights off, the tach needle slowly makes its way back up to the current rpm.
Old 04-02-2006, 04:27 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by skunked &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Did you bleed the air out of the system?

Could be a sticky thermostat as well.</TD></TR></TABLE>

everyones been telling him its the thermostat, so were gonna check it out and see if it makes a difference, i think its after driving it for like an hour, thats when it happens, because we drove highway for like 35 mins and it was fine, but when we drove like on city streets is when it started to do that.
Old 04-02-2006, 04:30 PM
Shooting Star

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1700anddroping &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well all i can say is...i definitely will be bigger this yr and sexier.hahaha

it was just a matter of time anyway.what hurts me the most is when i wake up
and i don't have my little boys beside me.RAGE quickly sets in guys like no other.</TD></TR></TABLE>

man that must suck not being able to see kids, i sure hope you still follow through with car.
Old 04-02-2006, 06:34 PM

Default Re: (vtecspeed1320)

all i have been doing is hitting the gym and work really hard.but i have devoted
mondays to bringing the car up to par..

i still see my kids and i always will.i just do not live in the same house and that
is what really hurts me.so all i can do is direct my anger towards something that is
not gonna land me in jail and that is the gym and work.

i have been talking to a guy in canada about making me a top mount for my h22
deck plated set up and he has agreed to do it.so stay tuned for that.you guys will no doubt want one when you see mine.
Old 04-02-2006, 06:42 PM
Shooting Star

I want a top mount for my h22 when i get ready to boost as well. If he does a good job I might be intersted.
Old 04-02-2006, 07:47 PM

Default Re: (vtecspeed1320)

Harv, I am sorry to hear about your misfortune but like I have been told my whole life, "Never trust anything that bleeds for a solid week and dont die!" If you need anything just let us know. If we can get Terry to stay home long enough we will plan the good ol H22 party and we can all get together.
His neighbors are gonna love us. They are all old and hate people speeding through their neighborhood. LOL
Old 04-02-2006, 08:19 PM
Shooting Star

**** count me in too I wanna have some friends too!!
Old 04-03-2006, 02:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BigBlockH22atch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">His neighbors are gonna love us. They are all old and hate people speeding through their neighborhood. LOL</TD></TR></TABLE>

hahaha
Old 04-03-2006, 03:47 AM

hey guys, i was wondering if u could figure this problem out for me.

My Eg H22 wont start, when i start the car up, the engine starts up then slowly turns off. I thought it could have been the fuel being dirty and i have changed it, but it's still happening.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:10 AM
Ditto

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BigBlockH22atch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If we can get Terry to stay home long enough we will plan the good ol H22 party and we can all get together.
His neighbors are gonna love us. They are all old and hate people speeding
through their neighborhood. LOL</TD></TR></TABLE>

wooo wooo... I can't wait.

Kenny, Dacia, and Josh can caravan up from Flordia.

Ill be up. All you Tennessee guys better be there, . I guess KY isn't to far either. I can't wait for the cook out.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RotiEatter &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1579516</TD></TR></TABLE>

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1579516
Old 04-03-2006, 06:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (aus_newbie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by aus_newbie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey guys, i was wondering if u could figure this problem out for me.

My Eg H22 wont start, when i start the car up, the engine starts up then slowly turns off. I thought it could have been the fuel being dirty and i have changed it, but it's still happening. </TD></TR></TABLE>

see if it happens with the IAC unplugged and get back to us, mate.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (2point2)

You should check your injectors. I know it sounds funny, but two of mine were clogged when we first did my swap. It ran like crap and would barley hold an idle. We went through the whole ringer of spark and timing and everything until we pulled the injectors. I swapped them from one cylinder to the next to see if that was the problem, and sure enough it was. Give that a shot.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Specail Ed)

What are the advantages and dis-advantages to using a vafc?

Quick Reply: Ask your H22 Questions Here