Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anything Bad about skunk 2 valve spring?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2002, 12:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anything Bad about skunk 2 valve spring?

I heard that they are too stiff and it isn't that great. Im going with skunk stage 1 cams and want to run skunk valve train and skunk retainers. So I just want to know anything bad about the valve spring and retainers, so I decided either ITR valve train or skunk.
thanx for your opinion!!
Old 12-30-2002, 12:17 AM

Default Re: Anything Bad about skunk 2 valve spring? (SiBirdie)

hey man

There is a large debate over skunks valve train, Yes they are crazy stiff... From what i have heard if you use a stock 2-peice valve, the valve will break off because the spring is too stiff... But I am really not 100% sure. I've been using the REV valvetrain in the last few motors we have built and have not had any problems... An ITR set up isn't bad but don't plan on running a large profile cam. I have used ITR outers with portflow inners and had no problems either. From what I can tell everyone that builds motors for a living stays away from skunk so I do as well. I would suggest the REV or Portflow...

Peace
Old 12-30-2002, 12:41 AM

Default Re: Anything Bad about skunk 2 valve spring? (NirSpec1)

aww okay i'll probaby stick with ITR set up.. But on inlinefour.com they are selling some inner spring for 80 dollar? I dunno what kind are they ? http://www.inlinefour.com/porsstifinva.html it just say " STIFFENED INNER SPRING". So will that set up be good enough for skunk stage 1 cam ?