Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone get their swap off of ebay?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2003, 07:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone get their swap off of ebay?

I was looking around on ebay, and found a few complete swaps on ebay, and the seller stated that they have a 30 day start-up/run right warranty. Just wondering if anyone has dealt with any of the sellers on ebay when it comes to this type of item., and if they actually honor that warranty. All the sellers had 100% positive feedback, so I would assume it is safe to deal with them. thanks!
MIKE
Old 01-16-2003, 08:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone get their swap off of ebay? (neonxrt)

I got my swap of ebay....well sort of off ebay..i found my swap on ebay and called up the guy selling it...he gave me info on it and i just bought it from him for cheaper than what is reserve was on ebay since he didnt have to pay the commission rates and stuff to ebay for selling it to me...he told me that it had a start up warranty also and my motor started up fine so i dont really know if he would have honored the warranty..i guess you just gotta wait to see if you motors bad before you can find that out.
Old 07-19-2004, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone get their swap off of ebay? (neonxrt)

I'm reviving this thread instead of reposting.
ttt

Edit: I'm not so interested in what could happen but what has happened.
Old 07-19-2004, 11:15 AM

Default Re: anyone get their swap off of ebay? (thesewpnazi)

I bought my B16 swap from Ebay. Turns out the guy lives in calif. and has a hearing problem. I didnt get my swap for a month and when i called him i had to use the phone service for the hearing inpaired.
BUT..I did finally get my swap and it Runs PERFECTLY and he sent me the ECU. Only thing wrong was they shrink rapped it to tight and it broke the tip off my knock sensor.

I got the engine tranny and ecu for 1200. He said it had about 25,000 miles. Shipping is where they get you. It was an extra 350 dollars to ship. But all n all a good deal
P.s. they even had it steam cleaned for me. came to my door looking like a million bucks

Also bought on ebay:
Arizona race and machine billet motor mounts
hasport shift linkage
ObX cat-back exhaust
wiring harness
mugen chipped ECU