Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone familiar with HMO engines and/or their own swap????

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 06:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone familiar with HMO engines and/or their own swap????

Ok... i have a 94 civic ex and only have 3,000 to play with. i was thinking of doing a sir-II swap from hmo but not sure if they are still good anymore? another thing is the installing price is 600. i know 600 isn't alot but when your working on a budget it is. i have a couple of friends that work on their hondas but have not done a swap before so im kinda scared. i am using this website to help me http://www.c-speedracing.com/h...p.php does this website look like the same as doing a b16a2 swap? if anyone reads this and is around greenville,sc, please let me know. and finally do you have any advice for me?
Old 02-25-2004, 06:26 PM
thad

Default Re: Anyone familiar with HMO engines and/or their own swap???? (jh)

do a search on HMO, you'll find alot on thi board. as for the swap, i personally would not pay anyon to do it especially not 600 bucks. save your money and ask your friends for help. b series swaps are not that hard provided you have the right tools.
Old 02-25-2004, 09:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone familiar with HMO engines and/or their own swap???? (thad)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">do a search on HMO, you'll find alot on thi board. as for the swap, i personally would not pay anyon to do it especially not 600 bucks. save your money and ask your friends for help. b series swaps are not that hard provided you have the right tools.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I got my motor and was gonna have someone put it in for me. one day i got sick of waiting and started myself. between me, my 14yr old genious brother, beer, and honda tech we did it in a weekend. its a lot easier than you think. just go out there and bust a move
Old 02-26-2004, 04:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone familiar with HMO engines and/or their own swap???? (TrayDay2K1)

a lot of people will say they got motors from them and that they are great. but if you do a search, you will find that many have been "ripped" off RECENTLY by them. there are different circumstances so thats why you should search for them. but other than a few screw ups, they are ok.

as for the installation, go get a craftsman tool set, some jacks, and the honda service manual. do it yourself and after, you get to keep the tools and you can proudly say you did the swap yourself. i dont have the most technical knowledge on this board but i do have a bit of comman sense. im gonna attempt my motor swap this april.

JDM B18C-R yO !