Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else have Issues with HCP???

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2003, 04:41 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else have Issues with HOLESHOT RACING not HCP

Today I decided to write up a review on my freinds h22 swap since its been a month now and everything is up and running. Here is the thread:

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=399062

So today, laugHin22CX was asking me some questions about vibrations or anything under acceleration and braking. Since the swaps been in for about a month, and when i was driving it, which I do often, I didnt feel anything of the sort. So after laugHin22CX posted a question about the vibration in the EG forum, I decide this evening to hit up my freind and ask if hes been feeling anything lately....and this iis what happened :

The swaps been in for a while for I havent got to notice some thing cause I dont drive the car everyday... Anyways I was asking my freind if he has been feeling any vibrations. And he said yes. So I go back over there and we go for a test ride see whats up. Low and behold I feel the vibrations under acceleration and and slowing down. So i went ahead and jacked the car up, and the freaking CV axle is falling apart LOL. I cant believe this. We have had these axles in for a month at most

The story gets even better.... so we called up Holeshot and told them what happened. We been talking to this guy Jeremy up at Holeshot the last couple weeks asking about the swap and stuff like that. Anyways we ask for him and tell him whats up, and starts giving us attitude (obviously after we buy the parts) and saying like we didnt install the axles right blah blah blah, and he cant help us out with out the axles. At this point, this is pissing us off the type attitude we were getting and the whole time getting patronized was not cool. So he gives the phone to the manager and the manager is every WORSE THAN THIS ***. This guy is suppose to be a proffesional, and is using harsh language with us, even though we have not said a single curse word.

He ends up hanging up on us and we call back and hes like cursing at us saying thats there nothing than can do. All and all the fact that there POS "CUSTOM" axles broke and now my friend has to replace it is one thing, but giving the type of un-proffesional attitude and using harsh language..to me thats just childish.

I am probably the most chill guy on the planet. Nothing gets to me or aggrevates me. I have great patiences. But I just cant believe the type of attitude we got today calling these guys back....just wanted to know if anyone else had problems with there customer service

Basicaly, In my Experience

H22 swap hell yea !!

HOLE SHOT RACING

Maybe there the cheapest for a reason........

[Modified by lshatchturbo, 1:07 PM 1/29/2003]
Old 01-28-2003, 05:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Anyone else have Issues with HCP??? (lshatchturbo)

yep, everyone I have seen has been having vibrating issues with HCP.
Old 01-28-2003, 05:35 PM
New User

Default Re: Anyone else have Issues with HCP??? (poison)

Guess my research wasnt as extensive as i thought
Old 01-28-2003, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i bought hcp ek22 mounts from newman on here and ive also been getting alot of vibration. as to customer service, ive been only talkin to newman and he's very professional. maybe u should ask for him when u call hcp since he works there now.
Old 01-28-2003, 06:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NO Problems here. 3 years strong. Not a EK22 kit but my experience has been great. Talk to Newman or George. And try to understand they are busy and under stress sometimes.
Old 01-28-2003, 10:47 PM

Default Re: Anyone else have Issues with HCP??? (Doodoo)

Man the attitude and bad customer service was uncalled for from those hcp guys. I've only delt with hcp through newman. Newman, based on my experiences, is a great guy. I ordered the mount kit from him at a great price, i received the eg-22 kit within a week of sending the money, and he has been very prompt and friendly in answering all of my questions (and I have asked ALOT of question and for ALOT of advice too).

As for the kit itself, i have mixed feeling about it. I did sooooo much research for this swap. I read everything I could online about the swap, I read all the threads on honda-tech dealing with the swap, imed many h22 civic guys with questions about the swap. But when it came time to do the swap, i was still lost at times as to what i was doing. I researched alot about the mount kit to use. I went with hcp mainly because it was cheaper,there was no drilling required, only trimming of the passenger side tranny mount, and the fact that you could always go back to stock. I never read or heard of any vibration problems with the kit at that time. Well when it came time to trim the passenger side mount, the instructions say to trim about 1 1/4" I believe off the stock mount. When i measured this out on the mount, this meant that I would just about be cutting off the stock bolt location, so I said f**k it and cut it just past the stock bolt hole. After putting the motor in, it was a good thing i cut that much off of the mount cuz the shifter on the tranny still comes very close to it when going into certain gears. But now there is no way i can go back to stock or a b series unless i drill out the welds on the mount and reweld a new one in there. So that was kinda dissapointing to me. But with the hole i cut for the shifter plate, there is no way I could go back to the a shift linkage assembly. I guess I should have realized that I wasn't gonna back to stock from the beginning. I know jdmdxturd went back to stock after his swap, but he was using the place racing kit if I remember right. I was wondering how you did that jdmdxturd.

Anyways, this vibration that I and many other hcp kit users have is starting to get on my nerves. It is pretty bad in my car now. Now I know this was discussed before in one of the threads. Some say its due to the rear mount from hcp being about 1/4" too far to the passenger side, but it may be the axle related. I want to switch over to the accord halfshaft/ teg axle combo, but I freaking paid $250 for these custom axles and I'm gonna get my money's worth out of them goddamnit. heh.

My rear mount is torn however. Newman is send me a another one, so I'm hoping that by replacing the bushing, it will get rid of this vibration.

Does anyone else have a vibration at low rpms? like when engaging the clutch under 1.5k? Its like all the vibration of the motor being transfered straight to the chassis. My whole car shakes and the dash rattles. This is besides the vibration I have under acceleration and decelleration(I just recently noticed this too).

I have had alot of problems with my swap, but I've also read and heard from people that haven't had any vibration problems and axle problems with the hcp kit. H22ek is one that I can think of off the top of my head.

So I dunno. But for the price hcp kit is a good deal.

[Modified by laugHin22CX, 7:49 AM 1/29/2003]

[Modified by laugHin22CX, 7:51 AM 1/29/2003]

[Modified by laugHin22CX, 7:55 AM 1/29/2003]
Old 01-29-2003, 07:33 AM

Default Re: Anyone else have Issues with HCP??? (laugHin22CX)

Well here is my 2 cents. I got vibration also from the motor when just starting and to me it is to be expected since you are on urethane mounts and its not as cushiony as the regular bushings. I do however have wheel vibration that I am currently working with DSS to figure out this coming year. They already sent me the wrong length passenger side axle which leads me to believe that they sent me the wrong size axles completely and I am in the process of seeing what is wrong with the driver's side if anything.. Under acceleration or deceleration though the motor is pretty much rock solid in there and I think all the mounts are doing their jobs..

And when installing I too noticed that unlike according to Newman that you could not reuse the stock mountpoints if you decided to sell the car at a later date. So I dont know how he said he could...

But so far I must say that I am pleased with the engine in the Civic hatch. And hopefully I will have all the rest of the bugs worked out for this coming track season...
Old 01-29-2003, 09:01 AM
New User

Default Re: Anyone else have Issues with HOLESHOT RACING NOT HCP!??? (Jason kiDD)

I feel like a freaking fool guys... the whole time I was talking about HCP.. I meant HOLE SHOT RACING . **** I feel bad for ******* out HCP. There **** kicks ***, I just got everythign mixed up cause i was upset about the problem. But yea a dude named Jeremy and his manager at holeshot were the ones giving us problems. Updated the post....Damn I feel bad.. Could I mod update the top to issues with HOLE SHOT please

[Modified by lshatchturbo, 1:03 PM 1/29/2003]

[Modified by lshatchturbo, 1:10 PM 1/29/2003]
Old 01-29-2003, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone else have Issues with HOLESHOT RACING NOT HCP!??? (lshatchturbo)

glad I read the post......was starting to get worried about the HCP mounts I'm about to order. I'll remember that about holeshot though. I work for an internet company, so i can understand how stressful it can be with complaints and such. But, I've never EVER cursed or yelled at someone. Now I've been yelled at, cursed and everything. Its part of the job, but you never take it out on the customer. Bad customer service pisses me off.
Old 01-29-2003, 05:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone else have Issues with HOLESHOT RACING NOT HCP!??? (illdezignzls)

Is it mostly guys with the eg-22 HCP kit that are complaining of vibrations?

Cuz my ek-22 kit works just fine. I abuse it daily......and havent had the slightest problem with it.

Mark
Old 01-29-2003, 08:05 PM

Default Re: Anyone else have Issues with HOLESHOT RACING NOT HCP!??? (SlvrEj6Dx)

Yeah basically, but I wont blame the mounts just yet until I can find out what measuerments DSS sent me..