Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anybody sell a ready to go h22/civic harness?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2002, 08:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default anybody sell a ready to go h22/civic harness?

i know hasport does, but they're outrageously overpriced. anybody else know of anything? i can't have the downtime to do the wiring....i need something that'll be ready to go plug and play
Old 07-02-2002, 09:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anybody sell a ready to go h22/civic harness? (hot_EF)

ttt
Old 07-03-2002, 05:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how much does hasport charge? someone i know made mine and makes them to sell. he's a certified honda mechanic.
Old 07-03-2002, 06:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anybody sell a ready to go h22/civic harness? (Boss Hogg)

Are you guys talking about the engine wiring harness or the OBD2-1 harness? I am looking for more info on the H22a OBD1 to Ek hatch harness? Can anyone help with that? What's needed? Thanks!!
Old 07-03-2002, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anybody sell a ready to go h22/civic harness? (mitsuman90)

last i checked the HASport was around $350 or so...and this was sending in the harness to be adapted.

Prospeed said he'd do it but he hasn't emailed me back on the specifics
Old 07-03-2002, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

last i checked the HASport was around $350 or so...and this was sending in the harness to be adapted.
that's how much i paid. it's worth it. wiring's a bitch.
Old 07-04-2002, 07:55 AM

Default Re: anybody sell a ready to go h22/civic harness? (Boss Hogg)

yeah place racing has one and they want 310.00.. just take some time and build a harness before you start your swap and then have it ready to go in...thats my plan...im gonna combine my dx harness and the prelude harness....have fun...it does take some time..
Old 07-04-2002, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anybody sell a ready to go h22/civic harness? (jDmDxTuRd)

well another problem is getting the CORRECT wiring info so i could wire it up. i can't even count how many times i've heard about people doing the wiring and then leaving out a ton of things and running like 19 different codes. plus wiring up that whole resistor box...i don't understand that, or how it's supposed to be done, and WHERE into the wiring it goes. HASport is the only place i've seen so far that even lists a wiring chart.
Old 07-04-2002, 11:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i'm checkin out the HASport page now lookin at that wiring chart. at the bottom it says 'Below is a wiring diagram of the wires added or converted to run the H22A engine. Your car may already have some of these already done depending on the model. Some engines do not need all this wiring to work properly.' but there's nothing after that.....does anybody have this info?

It's missing the 'complete' wiring diagram that's supposed to be at the bottom of the page. does anybody happen to have this saved?

[Modified by hot_EF, 8:23 PM 7/4/2002]
Old 07-04-2002, 11:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

since I was unable to find the wiring diagram on the hasport site or anywhere.......i made my own in MSPaint, and got the information from HASport directly and also from the Sept 2001 SCC article and made sure it was right....here is the P13 ECU pin-out diagram for you guys:

edit -- ecu pin point numbers were wrong -- FIXED\

also here is the civic HARNESS pin out, they WILL go right in....just a few wires needs to be added to the harness.

[Modified by poison, 4:21 PM 7/4/2002]
Old 07-04-2002, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anybody sell a ready to go h22/civic harness? (poison)

sweet...are the wires you have shown coming out of the P13 wires that are needed to be added? is that what is being shown? All the rest of the wires just go straight into the oldcivic harness, correct?

EDIT: BTW, i waited over 4 months to receive something from NZ...their mail system SUCKS.

[Modified by hot_EF, 8:31 PM 7/4/2002]
Old 07-04-2002, 11:32 AM

ya, those are the wires that need to be connected to the CIVIC harness terminal -- i believe the civic harness goes right into the P13 ECU (correct me if i am wrong), but some of the wires aren't correctly lined up to the ECU, and that diagram shows exactly where in the civic harness where it needs to be added so it's properly configured with the P13 ECU.

edit -- just wonderin, since u sold ur EF, and now have an 92-95 hatch dropping an h22, why don't u change ur user name a lil bit?

[Modified by poison, 1:33 PM 7/4/2002]
Old 07-04-2002, 11:35 AM

EDIT: BTW, i waited over 4 months to receive something from NZ...their mail system SUCKS.
yes i cannot agree with you more
i finally got some fawking proof. I have the Airway bill#, flight number, and called the airline directly to make sure they were telling the truth,

i'm such an ******* and untrustful customer, but hey, what can i say huh?
Old 07-04-2002, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well i was always under the assumption that no JDM ECU's will plug into the USDM harnesses cuz they don't line up or something. Is this not the case here?

Anyway, so do no wires need to be run directly into the engine bay somewhere, but just need to be plugged correctly, or moved some on the Civic harness terminal, the ECU plugs in, and you're good to go after doing so? I hope it's like that! I was thinking i'd have to do like major rewiring/changing of harnesses etc.

Also, do you know what the deal is with the injector resistor pack? I keep hearing it needs to be wired in, but i've never seen where or how exactly it's supposed to be done.

just wonderin, since u sold ur EF, and now have an 92-95 hatch dropping an h22, why don't u change ur user name a lil bit?
well i haven't exactly sold my EF yet..i have a few parts missing that i'm trying to get a hold of but i'm having a hard time

So your engine is confirmed from the airway that it's on it's way? I too, am a very untrustful customer, but that's just because i seem to always get screwed...i can't help it anymore
Old 07-04-2002, 11:48 AM

Well i was always under the assumption that no JDM ECU's will plug into the USDM harnesses cuz they don't line up or something. Is this not the case here?
not EXACTLY sure on that, i'll keep ya updated when i get the damn motor lol and see if the civic harness plugs into the jdm p13.

it might not directly go in, but can be simply modified to fit (i'll put up ALOT of pics while doing my swap, since there are sooooo much questions, etc, etc.), that way i'll clear up future h22 into civic questions.

Anyway, so do no wires need to be run directly into the engine bay somewhere, but just need to be plugged correctly, or moved some on the Civic harness terminal, the ECU plugs in, and you're good to go after doing so? I hope it's like that! I was thinking i'd have to do like major rewiring/changing of harnesses etc.
not major rewiring -- you just need to add the wires that is on the diagram directly to the p13 ecu, yes...that's the only hard part about it.
i believe the civic harness plugs directly into the jdm p13, infact I will call HASport tomorrow to clear this up exactly.

Also, do you know what the deal is with the injector resistor pack? I keep hearing it needs to be wired in, but i've never seen where or how exactly it's supposed to be done.
good question, out of ALL the things i know about h22 into civic, this is the least info i know about

to my knowledge though, i don't believe it needs to be wired, you just need to use the prelude fuel injector harnesses which is easy to wire up into the civic harness -- all ya need is wire cutters/strippers and alot of electrical tape

So your engine is confirmed from the airway that it's on it's way? I too, am a very untrustful customer, but that's just because i seem to always get screwed...i can't help it anymore
i hear that....i don't trust anyone when it comes to business, so i will be an *** and use whatever i can against them to get what i want, then i shut up and move on
but i did finally get the flight code, flight number, airline its going on, etc from the distributor thru mark. Then, being an ******* that I am, I called Quantas Airlines and let them read to me exactly what's on the Airway Bill in their system, and she finally confirmed things. Thing I am somewhat unclear about is on the Airway bill, there is a connection flight from Auckland, NZ to LA via Quantas Airlines, then connection flight is transferred to American Airlines from LA to SLC, UT.

So, I still am exactly unclear of as to when the damn thing will be here

[Modified by poison, 1:52 PM 7/4/2002]
Old 07-04-2002, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sweet.....it'll plug right in now to just figure out the injector resistor stuff
Old 07-04-2002, 05:44 PM

yep, i am with you on that lol.

just for referance of when this topic gets archived....

for resistor box information/wiring diagrams

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=222366

Old 07-05-2002, 08:41 AM

Glad to see everything worked out poison.. And the wiring is easy trust me... Good luck to you guys on your swaps I will take more pictures of my setup once I get some more work done this weekend..
Old 07-12-2002, 04:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anybody sell a ready to go h22/civic harness? (Jason kiDD)

Hey guys, any new info yet? I'll be dropping an H22 in my Ek in about 3 weeks. the only problem I have is, i have no Civic engine harness!! I can't find one for the LIFE of me. I should be looking for the EX harness, correct? that's got the VTEC solenoid already wired. Any new info yet? Anyone know where I can find a CIvic harness?
Old 07-12-2002, 10:10 AM

Default Re: anybody sell a ready to go h22/civic harness? (mitsuman90)

you can get any civic harness, really. the conversion chart was posted above with all the civic pinouts.

any civic harness will work. EX/Si/VX/HX just already ahve vtec wired up, so that's 2 less wires you have to do, just easier work. If you have the LX/DX/CX then u have to add a vtec wire, and vtec oil pressure wire.

EX/Si/LX/DX also already have the 4 wire o2 sensor, so no extra wiring for the o2 sensor, where as VX/HX/CX have 1 wire o2 sensor, so you have to add 3 more wires because the H22A has 4 o2 wires to them.

Also, if you are getting a USDM p13 ecu with the prelude swap, then you have to add the EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) valve, which the H22A has, and the USDM looks for this, otherwise it will throw a code and run in limp mode. And the EGR valve is with the VX harness only.

The JDM P13 ecu does not look for it, so it's an option, plus there are ways around it.

HTH
Old 07-15-2002, 06:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks Poison! Actually, I'm getting the JSpec H22 ECU. I still have NO idea where to get a harness All our junkyards around here are out! Anyone know of a good site or something?
It also sounds like for the least amount of wiring add-ons, get the EX/Si harness? Since the others don't have VTEC or don't have the 4 wire O2? Thanks!

[Modified by mitsuman90, 3:24 PM 7/15/2002]
Old 07-15-2002, 10:30 PM

just finshed uploading some pics of my swap here http://h22hybrid.20m.com/
btw if that chart is from the scc theres a mistake forgot where but compair agaisnt the helms chart i have.
Old 07-15-2002, 11:20 PM

Default Re: anybody sell a ready to go h22/civic harness? (heiyu)

heiyu, in your swap pics, you say you have to cut part off the stock tranny mount off, but it was my understanding that with the hcp kit there was no cutting or drilling necessary, and that's what made the hcp kit different from the hasports kit?

BTW great site man.
It's gonna help me alot when i do my h22 swap
Old 07-16-2002, 06:13 AM

Default Re: anybody sell a ready to go h22/civic harness? (heiyu)

Ahhn thanks for the pics I need some info from that helms manual that works perfectly for the 14 CEL I am getting. Just one question though. For the AICV I noticed that in the helms the blue/yellow wire goes to A9 and the yel/black wire goes goes to the letter [A].. Just what does the [A] designate in the manual.. And is there an online resource where I can purchase one for myself...

Thanks in advance..
Old 07-16-2002, 06:17 AM

Default Re: anybody sell a ready to go h22/civic harness? (Jason kiDD)

Ahh forget it. I think it means ground. So that should solve my last CEL code. I will work on it this weekend then take some updated pics for everyone.. If anyone else has any other questions as well just feel free to ask and I will help out where I can..

Quick Reply: anybody sell a ready to go h22/civic harness?