Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any strut bar fit HPC H22 EGs? and question about the swa...?

Old 08-23-2002, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Any strut bar fit HPC H22 EGs? and question about the swa...?

I've heard most of them won't clear.

Does anybody have with their H22 swap using HCP Mounts?

I want to go ahead and buy one...but I don't want to buy it, and then have to chunk it when the h22 arrives Should I give up?

Also, I haven't thought about this until recently...

When using the HCP kit (or any kit i guess), Do I have to chunk the stock lower crossmember since the prelude engine sits lower? Or is it designed around it?
Old 08-23-2002, 10:32 AM
New User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Any strut bar fit HPC H22 EGs? and question about the swa...? (hot_EG)

Yes, any strut bar fits.... dunno about Neuspeed but on an EK, it clears (a little tight to take the oil cap off though with the Neuspeed bar). I'm running a strut bar on my EG and it clears easily. As for the lower rear crossmember, no modification is needed.

Old 08-23-2002, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any strut bar fit HPC H22 EGs? and question about the swa...? (Newman)

Yes, any strut bar fits.... dunno about Neuspeed but on an EK, it clears (a little tight to take the oil cap off though with the Neuspeed bar). I'm running a strut bar on my EG and it clears easily. As for the lower rear crossmember, no modification is needed.
May I ask what strut bar you're using?

Also, about the crossmember...you said lower rear...

Are we talking about the same piece? I'm speaking (trying to anyway) of the front crossmember....There is only one under the engine that I know of.

Is this what you're speaking of?
Old 08-23-2002, 07:13 PM
New User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Any strut bar fit HPC H22 EGs? and question about the swa...? (hot_EG)

I'm using an old GREX strut bar. Lots of clearance.

EG's and EK's only have a rear lower crossmember - they don't have any front crossmembers. The front crossmember that you're talking about (stock-wise) are only found in EFs, DA Integras, and in Preludes & Accords, where the front mount bolts up to the crossmember front bracket. Are you talking about the front crossbar that HCP has for their H22 mount kits?

Old 08-23-2002, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any strut bar fit HPC H22 EGs? and question about the swa...? (Newman)

Maybe I'm confused.

I'm not talking about the HCP front crossbar...I'm thinking of a 'stock' crossbar.

I recently looked underneath my EG, and did not see any crossbar of any kind. Just all engine pan/transmission.

There is supposed to be supposed to be something (bar...brace...don't know the proper name) that supports the car from left to right when looking at the bottom, correct? I figured my car was just missing it because i noticed two sets of bolt holes on each subframe, but with no bar going from subframe to the other side.....I figured I was just missing something.

Are you saying there is no lower crossmember at all underneath the front end of EG's/Ek's? If so, big news flash to me

I thought ALLLLLL cars had one! It wouldn't seem to me to be too sturdy without one
Old 08-25-2002, 06:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you saying there is no lower crossmember at all underneath the front end of EG's/Ek's? If so, big news flash to me
news flash!! they dont have one
Old 08-25-2002, 10:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Any strut bar fit HPC H22 EGs? and question about the swa...? (Freakn8)

yup thats rite.. u look under a civic and all u should see is oil pan, no bar.

then on my car, my strut bar fit, but it hit the external coil... i had to twist the strut bar back... looks funny.. but it works for now....