Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any good shops in Cincinnati area

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2002, 05:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any good shops in Cincinnati area

Hi everyone. Does anyone know of any good shops that will do swaps in or around the Cincinnati, Oh area? Just can't seem to find an engine installation shop that looks like they know anything about Honda's or any type of import for that matter. Thanks for your time.
Old 06-21-2002, 10:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Any good shops in Cincinnati area (Crxless)

Your garage? You have more knowledge at your finger tips than most shops (unless they have internet access too) and you'll actually have something to be proud of if you do you own swap instead of just driving someone elses creation.

If you can go to Columbus, Passen will do it. Tell me what you want, and maybe I'll do it for you for cheaper than most shops.

[Modified by therealciviczc, 7:56 PM 6/21/2002]
Old 06-21-2002, 03:28 PM

Default Re: Any good shops in Cincinnati area (therealciviczc)

Actually I would love to be able to try the swap myself but have very small experience with motors and no experience with Honda's. There is a good chance that I would never get the swap done on my own and I have no one with any experience to possibly help guide me. I'm not afraid to get dirty just don't want to screw up a whole engine swap and possibly ruin the car.

The swap I want is a ZC into a Crx. I was wanting to try to get the ZC/Si hybrid tranny too. Thanks for your time and reply.

[Modified by Crxless, 11:56 PM 6/22/2002]
Old 06-21-2002, 07:50 PM

i'd like to knwo too cuz I'm from cincinnati and am saving for an H22 for my civic and right now I've only talked with our family mechanic i'd like to know somebody who is good for sure
Old 06-21-2002, 10:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any good shops in Cincinnati area (drkblue_civic)

Don't go to Passen, they will charge you out the *** and take forever to get anything done. My friends car has been there for 3 months now and counting for some internal work.
Old 06-22-2002, 11:20 PM

Default Re: Any good shops in Cincinnati area (reVVin)

reVVin- Thanks for the warning about Passen.

therealciviczc- If you would be willing to help (for some cash of course) that would be great. Right now I'm just getting information about the swap (pricing motors, labor, etc.) and trying to sell the car I have now. I'm guessing you installed your zc yourself? Thanks for the help.
Old 06-23-2002, 08:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

reVVin- Thanks for the warning about Passen.

therealciviczc- If you would be willing to help (for some cash of course) that would be great. Right now I'm just getting information about the swap (pricing motors, labor, etc.) and trying to sell the car I have now. I'm guessing you installed your zc yourself? Thanks for the help.

Sorry about the suggestion of passen. I haven't dealt with them in a while, so I didn't know.

I could help you if no one else can, but since I'm in Columbus it would be difficult.

If you're just doing the ZC swap, I definately thing you could do it. Honestly, you probably stand a better chance of doing it correctly than if you took it somewhere. I work on a lot of cars, and I've never seen work done by a shop that is as complete as the work we do in our own garages because we take our time.

Like I said before, we'll all help you out with any problems, but a ZC in to a 4th generation car is a 1 day deal. 80% of the time you spend is getting the old motor out.
Old 06-23-2002, 06:16 PM

Default Re: Any good shops in Cincinnati area (therealciviczc)

Hey no problem with the Passen suggestion. I figured you wouldn't have suggested them if you knew they were bad. I just appreciate you giving me any suggestions at all. I haven't found any (decent) shops that do this for imports around here, alot of muscle shops though.

I also hate going to shops but I use to think I had too. None of my friends are much better then I am with cars so everyone I know always uses shops but never has anything that difficult done (just the normal I/H/E). A local shop ripped me off good so I know how shady some shops can be.

As far as me doing the swap I heard it was easy but I have only changed oil and little stuff like that. I wouldn't mind giving it a shot though. Is it much more difficult to swap the zc tranny in the garage too? I want to get a high mileage Crx since I plan to swap so the tranny might be beat up a little. Thanks everyone for your input it's very helpful and sorry for the annoying newbie questions.

[Modified by Crxless, 10:18 PM 6/23/2002]