Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Companies make ENGINE wire harness conversions????

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Companies make ENGINE wire harness conversions????

I have a b18c1 w/ the stock wiring harness (I'm going to drop into a 91 CRX si) and plan on using the boomslang obd0-obd1 conversion harness for the ECU...

My question.... Are there any companies that make conversions for the ENGINE wire harness?!?!

This would make life SOOO much easier. If such a company/product exists, can someone please enlighten me on where it is I can buy one? I know I don't wanna cut my GSR wire harness and try to splice on the crx engine plugs. I'm probably gonna end up swapping wire harnesses, but thought I'd just check to see if a product exists that would make my life easier.

Thanks in Advance Guys.... and oh yea--- I have searched and found nothing but harnesses for sale in the classifieds.

Zack
Old 01-13-2004, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Any Companies make ENGINE wire harness conversions???? (92TEGsrSC)

I believe HASport will do it for you. PM 'brian g' on this board, he works for HASport. I have work with some of their products, top notch.
Old 01-13-2004, 09:37 PM

thanks for the info-- I'll be sure to shoot him a PM... any idea about cost? Thanks again
Old 01-14-2004, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (92TEGsrSC)

try http://www.hasport.com
Old 01-14-2004, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Any Companies make ENGINE wire harness conversions???? (92TEGsrSC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 92TEGsrSC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I know I don't wanna cut my GSR wire harness and try to splice on the crx engine plugs. I'm probably gonna end up swapping wire harnesses, but thought I'd just check to see if a product exists that would make my life easier.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Just transfer the CRX Si engine harness over onto the B18C1 and make the necessary changes. It's not like you have a DPFI that would also need MPFI wiring. You will need to run 2 wires for VTEC pressure, 1 for VTEC solenoid, 1 for Knock and 2 for the IAB. Other than that, a few will need extended and then a few plug changes for the OBD1 plugs, etc. It's honestly not that hard, but if you don't feel comfortable and would rather pay someone else to design it then do that. Either way, you're going to have to do some wiring on your part regardless.
Old 01-15-2004, 07:39 AM

Default Re: Any Companies make ENGINE wire harness conversions???? (VTECVillain)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VTECVillain &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
It's honestly not that hard, but if you don't feel comfortable and would rather pay someone else to design it then do that. Either way, you're going to have to do some wiring on your part regardless.</TD></TR></TABLE>

-PHiZ