Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any body like AVID motors mounts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any body like AVID motor mounts?

How do they compare to hasport/ hybrid racing mounts for those who have a lot of experience with the AVID mounts?
Old 06-14-2007, 08:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any body like AVID motor mounts? (HAMOTORSPORTSUSA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HAMOTORSPORTSUSA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How do they compare to hasport/ hybrid racing mounts for those who have a lot of experience with the AVID mounts?</TD></TR></TABLE>

i new a guy who had the b20 blah blah setup he had these mounts and lol well take my word for it there bullshit THATS NOT to say people have not been sucessful

personally i would go with inovative!
Old 06-15-2007, 07:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any body like AVID motor mounts? (richard7968)

What was so bullshit about them? he probably had the steel mounts.

I use alot of avid products. Their traction bars, their radiator relocater kit, their k-series swap mounts. Honestly, these are NO bullshit. Beautiful mounts with great fitment. I had no problems with these mounts and can only say good things about all their stuff.

I also have a couple customers with their mounts in other makes of cars (SRT4, 350z, and wrx) and they are all happy with it.)

Here is a picture of their mounts in one of the cars I have done.

If you have any questions about their products let me know, i have been using them for awhile and don't see a need to swtich back to overpriced mounts.

Old 06-15-2007, 08:21 AM

Default Re: Any body like AVID motor mounts? (onefastegg)

I use these mounts in my SFWD car:

Avid Racing Mounts get a from me. I am an Avid dealer, if you need anything let me know
Old 06-15-2007, 09:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any body like AVID motor mounts? (BoostedJeff)

Beatiful car jeff.

I also run Avid's....no complaints here
Old 06-15-2007, 10:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Any body like AVID motor mounts? (HAMOTORSPORTSUSA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HAMOTORSPORTSUSA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How do they compare to hasport/ hybrid racing mounts for those who have a lot of experience with the AVID mounts?</TD></TR></TABLE>

They dont. Check out Innovative. They are located right here in Cali. Better price, and the quality is top notch. Also if you ever have a problem they are close, prob get a next day turnaround, thats alot better then having to ship it to Canada.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any body like AVID motor mounts? (EG_H2B)

Saying they don't compare to hasport, innovative, etc etc etc etc is a pretty bold statement. Instead of locknutting a company. Give some examples of quality differences rather than location!

It just sounds like another case of a employee of a certain company vs. another company. It just goes to show that there is no respect in the industry reguardless of quality and customer service.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:15 AM

If you wanna go with the customer service route, we can do that as well. I talk to Franklin/Victor on a weekly basis, and I have NEVER dealt with as good of customer service as them. Anything I need, they get it to me in a VERY timely fashion, if there is ever anything wrong, or the wrong mount is packaged, they send one immediately.

Avid Racing
Old 06-15-2007, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Same here, we talk all the time. They even call some of thier customers to make sure everything is alright and get a review. Half the other companies won't even talk to you when you ask them a question.

And they are always up for suggestions!
Old 06-15-2007, 11:55 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostedJeff &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you wanna go with the customer service route, we can do that as well. I talk to Franklin/Victor on a weekly basis, and I have NEVER dealt with as good of customer service as them. Anything I need, they get it to me in a VERY timely fashion, if there is ever anything wrong, or the wrong mount is packaged, they send one immediately.

Avid Racing </TD></TR></TABLE>
I have been dealing with victor and discussing setting up with him. He actually contacted me because I have been using mostly hasport mounts and wanted to get me to try the avid mounts. I wanted opinions from others as I have only dealt with the old steel mounts of theirs and was disgusted with them. Thanks for all your opinions. I may be a new AVID RACING dealer soon.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by onefastegg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What was so bullshit about them? he probably had the steel mounts.

I use alot of avid products. Their traction bars, their radiator relocater kit, their k-series swap mounts. Honestly, these are NO bullshit. Beautiful mounts with great fitment. I had no problems with these mounts and can only say good things about all their stuff.

I also have a couple customers with their mounts in other makes of cars (SRT4, 350z, and wrx) and they are all happy with it.)

Here is a picture of their mounts in one of the cars I have done.

If you have any questions about their products let me know, i have been using them for awhile and don't see a need to swtich back to overpriced mounts.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostedJeff &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I use these mounts in my SFWD car:

Avid Racing Mounts get a from me. I am an Avid dealer, if you need anything let me know </TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL

Actually he used the ones depicted in the picture above

And also before you start jumping all over what I said perhaps you should read COMPLETELY what I typed

Which ended as follows

“THAT’S NOT to say people have not been successful
Personally I would go with innovative”

Hope this clears up any confusion once again I was MERELY commenting on what I had seen with my own eyes they had started to fail
Old 06-15-2007, 05:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Any body like AVID motor mounts? (richard7968)

I would personally not buy their products because their mounts are a bunch of pcs BOLTED together. Isn't the reason that you would want a BILLET mount to be 1 pc and solid? VS. the other guys don't cut corners in quality and make them solid 1 pc. And most mounts are all about the same price, so you could buy a good product or a OK product. When I order a product and Im offered a Cheap product and a Good product and they are a few dollars apart, why wouldn't you buy the Good one?
Old 06-15-2007, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Any body like AVID motor mounts? (EG_H2B)

"they work".. but i've personally always liked hasport products the best. I cant think of another company that has as much experience as they do manufacturing honda mount kits.

my friend started off with ebay mounts (which broke), went with avid (who are somewhat local) and now wishes he just got a set of hasports from the start.