Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

after swap questions.

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 04:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default after swap questions.

The motor is a poor mans type r in a 93 civic si.

1st off. motor started right up. Idles perfectly and everything... thats the funny thing... the harness that came with my motor didnt even come with a map sensor/ plug. we were going to start it up just to make sure it would start, and it did, and ran smoothly, but its still throwing a code 3. Also, there is no knock sensor plugged in, yet it isnt throwing a code for the knock sensor. can anyone explain y the motors running fine without map sensor? its a jdm b16 head by the way i think.

Also, does the ac mount have to a be from a del sol? same with power steering.

And where do people get/ what do people do to hook up the sohc throttle cable to the b series tb. Like what do they use or buy for a mount.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: after swap questions. (hondaboy4life)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaboy4life &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The motor is a poor mans type r in a 93 civic si.

1st off. motor started right up. Idles perfectly and everything... thats the funny thing... the harness that came with my motor didnt even come with a map sensor/ plug. we were going to start it up just to make sure it would start, and it did, and ran smoothly, but its still throwing a code 3.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Some cars had the map sensor mounted on the firewall, and the plug was part of the cars main harness, not the engine harness. If your car came with the map on the throttlebody, then you need to run the wiring for the map, then get a sensor, mount it somewhere and run a vacume line from a nipple on the T-body to the sensor.

If its throwing a code, then it isnt running fine.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaboy4life &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Also, there is no knock sensor plugged in, yet it isnt throwing a code for the knock sensor. </TD></TR></TABLE>

What ecu are you using? Some ecus dont look for the knock senor(like a chipped p28).
Odds are, your engine harness is wired for knock sensor, but your main harness isnt. You just need to run a wire from the where the engine harness ends(on the strut tower) down to the ecu.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaboy4life &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Also, does the ac mount have to a be from a del sol? same with power steering.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Delsol vtec (p54) or CRV a/c bracket. I dont know about the power steering(I dont use it).

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaboy4life &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
And where do people get/ what do people do to hook up the sohc throttle cable to the b series tb. Like what do they use or buy for a mount.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I usually just take the stock barcket, put it on the throttle cable and try to figure out where I can anchor it to the intake manifold. Sometimes you can simply rebend it and sometimes you need to lengthen or shorten it.