Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AEM ems wiring from 00 SI to 99 Integra

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 05:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEM ems wiring from 00 SI to 99 Integra

I'll start off by saying that I have searched, and have found a few answers but not everything. In summary, I have a 00 Civic SI that I bought hit in rear, with a built turbo b18c1 and aem ems. I just recently got a 99 integra ls to put the swap into, the engine harness plugs at the ecu are different I guess the integra is obd2a and the si is obd2b? I am not sure what wires all I need to add/change. I know I will have to rewire the distributor plug, and wire in the vtec wires but I'm not sure what else I'll have to do. The integra is running an obd2 to obd1 jumper harness with a p75 (obd1 motor). If anyone knows what specifically I need to do, and would offer actual HELP instead of people saying search, I wouldn't mind paypaling some cash for your trouble. I'll add pics later today of both my engine harness plugs at the ecu's, both my alternator plugs, etc.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AEM ems wiring from 00 SI to 99 Integra

get some pics up, i thought 99 integra's were obd2b tho. if it is indeed obd2a then u can get a jumper from rywire for obd2b-obd2a that way u can use that ems. u can rewire the dizzy plug, or u can cut a leg off the LS dizzy and put it on the b16, it will work.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

In the pics of the integra plug at the ecu, you can see the obd2 to 1 jumper, there is a blue and black wire running out of the bottom side, but they were just ran under the carpet and cut, so I took them out. The orange wire loops from one side of the jumper harness to the other, and on one side, the wire is cut that it's looped into, the other side it's just tapped into a wire. You can see the cut side by my thumb in the pic showing the orange jumper wire. Here are the pics

Plugs @ ecu on 00 si

Distributor plug on 00 si

Distributor plug in my obd1 ls swapped 99 ls

OBD2 to OBD1 jumper harness still plugged in here, I'm not sure what this orange jumper wire is, anyone have any ideas??

Here are the plugs on the 99 integra, the gray plug is smaller than the one on the si, but there are no wires on the side of the si plug that's bigger, so I guess maybe that doesn't matter?

As you can see in this pic, there is a black wire running from one side of the jumper harness and a blue on from the other, both were cut about 3 feet long and shoved under the carpet under the dash.

Lastly, I have read that 99+ hondas all have the vtec wires in the engine bay already, but I dont know where if so, anyone? I have the wires from the si that I can use, the solenoid has a one wire plug, and a two wire plug and I don't know where to wire it to. I've searched but found no pics.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ttt help
Old 04-26-2010, 04:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

really need the info, swapping motors tonight
Old 04-26-2010, 05:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ur integra is obd2a... ur ems is for obd2b. eliminate that jumper harness that's being used in the integra and get a jumper harness for obd2a-obd2b. as for the dizzy, it's obd1 therefore has 2 plugs. the wire colors should be identicals so should splice away. one wire will might be left over, should be a blue wire. don't worry about it.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I appreciate the help man, I really do. I think I have to change the alternator plug too but it looks pretty straightforward, I believe the obd1 one is round, and the obd2 one is squarish.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by slowteg550
I appreciate the help man, I really do. I think I have to change the alternator plug too but it looks pretty straightforward, I believe the obd1 one is round, and the obd2 one is squarish.
yea alternator plug is straight forward. wires are the same color minus one i think.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Do you know if I can just get rid of the charcoal cannister in the integra since I am putting in aem ems? I've been trying to figure out if the wires for vtec are already wired to the engine bay on the ls, but I haven't had any luck yet. That's pretty much what I have it narrowed down to.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Do you know if I can just get rid of the charcoal cannister in the integra since I am putting in aem ems? I've been trying to figure out if the wires for vtec are already wired to the engine bay on the ls, but I haven't had any luck yet. That's pretty much what I have it narrowed down to.
use this http://www.ff-squad.com/technet/wiring.obd2a.htm check the pins to see if the ones for vtec are blank or not. as far as charcoal cannister, leave it in there. it helps ur gas mileage.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I only found one pin on the harness for vtec, I have 3 wires (one plug with one, one plug with two)?
Old 04-26-2010, 07:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

that's vtec pressure switch, ground, vtec spool(solenoid)
Old 04-28-2010, 04:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

More problems, I tried to search back the distributor plug to see where they converted the obd2a harness for the obd1 dizzy plup, but I can't find where they spliced it all it way back to the stock loom. Is there any way someone could have used an obd1 harness from the connector at the shock tower forward?
Old 04-28-2010, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

about 12" up from the ecu plugs, a few of the wires are tapped into. It looks like one is the white wire in the D plug (o2 heater wire), the knock sensor looks like it's tied into the sensor ground (brown w/black stripe). A few others are tapped, that's the ones I remember right off hand though. Anyone know why?
Old 04-28-2010, 05:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea u can use an obd1 harness in an obd2 integra, vice versa. they're all interchangeable. we used an obd2 harness in my friends eg with no problems.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by perseverance
yea u can use an obd1 harness in an obd2 integra, vice versa. they're all interchangeable. we used an obd2 harness in my friends eg with no problems.
I'm just trying to find out the best / most cost efficient way to get to where I need to be. So it is possibly that someone plugged an obd1 engine side harness into my obd2a harness from the ecu to the shock tower? (I just thought that b/c I can't find where they spliced the obd1 dizzy plugs). Tomorrow i'm going to cut all the wire loom off and I"ll know for sure I guess if the dizzy wires run all the way to the plug.

I have the complete wrecked 00 si, which the aem ems came from but I don't know if I could just swap that harness into the integra or not. I was planning to do the obd2a to obd2b conversion harness but if possible with the pinouts I've been looking at I'd like to just unpin everything from the obd2b si plugs and plug my obd1a wires into the correct obd2b places on the si plugs. If that would work itd save 150 bucks on a jumper harness and all that extra **** in the car. The aem is a 1010 but was plugged directly into the si harness. I see some ads on here that say obd2 aem boxes are like 1050 or something. Any info on that?
Old 04-28-2010, 07:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm just trying to find out the best / most cost efficient way to get to where I need to be. So it is possibly that someone plugged an obd1 engine side harness into my obd2a harness from the ecu to the shock tower? (I just thought that b/c I can't find where they spliced the obd1 dizzy plugs). Tomorrow i'm going to cut all the wire loom off and I"ll know for sure I guess if the dizzy wires run all the way to the plug.

I have the complete wrecked 00 si, which the aem ems came from but I don't know if I could just swap that harness into the integra or not. I was planning to do the obd2a to obd2b conversion harness but if possible with the pinouts I've been looking at I'd like to just unpin everything from the obd2b si plugs and plug my obd1a wires into the correct obd2b places on the si plugs. If that would work itd save 150 bucks on a jumper harness and all that extra **** in the car. The aem is a 1010 but was plugged directly into the si harness. I see some ads on here that say obd2 aem boxes are like 1050 or something. Any info on that?
ehh u can rewire the plug but i wouldn't recommend it. as far as swapping a dash harness, i doubt that happened. what i'm thinking is they changed the actual engine harness to obd1. u can't use the harness from the ek, it's one piece and different.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i just looked at ur pic above and yea, ur engine harness is obd1. if u want, u can just find an obd2 gsr engine harness and it will plug and play with ur new engine. only thing u might have to do is run vtec wires.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Does it matter if it's obd2a or b for the engine harness? and that's from the plug at the shock tower? What are your thoughts about the fix @ the ecu? conversion harness or would it be possible to unpin everything in the integra harness and pin them into the si plugs in the correct spots?
Old 04-28-2010, 07:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Does it matter if it's obd2a or b for the engine harness? and that's from the plug at the shock tower? What are your thoughts about the fix @ the ecu? conversion harness or would it be possible to unpin everything in the integra harness and pin them into the si plugs in the correct spots?
you can unpin but lemme tell u this, if you've never done it before...don't do it! it's a pita! as far as engine harness, i'd look into obd2"b" since ur si is obd2b and the dizzy,alternator,injectors will plug and play.

edit: yea that's the harness coming from shock tower.

shock tower-engine=engine wiring harness (ewh)
shock tower-ecu= cabin harness
Old 04-29-2010, 04:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sounds good, I'm going to look into finding a obd2 gsr ewh then and I'll just bite the bullet and buy a jumper harness.

On my cabin harnes about 12" -18" from the ecu plugs there are a couple jumper wires running from a black/brown wire (which I believe is a ground), then there are a few other wires tapped and ran other places. From the ones I can tell the knock and 02 wires are tapped into and either ran to the black/brown ground or to another wire. I plan on figuring out today exactly what all is tapped into. I'm not sure if this was done b/c of the obd1 motor or what? my si didn't have an o2 sensor or knock sensor hooked up though, so it may not matter for it.?
Old 04-29-2010, 08:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I picked up an obd2a ( i was told) vtec ewh from a gsr. The plugs on the motor all line up, but at the shock tower my harness in my integra has 3 plugs, and the ewh I got today has 4. The extra plug is a 3 wire plug, if I remember correctly they were red w/yellow tracer, blue w/red tracer, and white w/red tracer. I'll take pics tomorrow as a few of the wire colors don't match up from the ewh to the cabin harness at the shock tower plug.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Here is an update of where I'm at. Yesterday I picked up an engine harness that was supposed to be obd2a. The harness matches everything on my motor, but I have a couple of plugs left over. One was the stock oil pressure wire I believe (yellow/red w/ a boot on the connector). I have a pic of the other below if anyone knows what it is. When I went to plug up the connectors at the shock tower I notice that my cabin harness only has 3 plugs at the tower and this ewh has 4. The extra plug is a 3 wire plug (see pics below). I also noticed that on the plug that I think is the dizzy plug @ the shock tower, the ewh side has one extra wire, the cabin side is just a blank plug on one of the spots.

On the larger harness there are a few wires that are different colors from the cabin side to the ewh side, but as long as they are going to the right place it doesnt matter, I just don't know how to know if they are going to the right place or not. Here are a few pics, later I plan on writing down all the wiring colors on both sides of the shock tower plugs and I'll have more in dept of what I am needing.

3 plugs on the cabin side of the shock tower harness in my 99 LS

4 connectors on the shock tower side of my new EWH which was supposed to be obd2a

same 4 connectors as previous pic

heres one connector I had left over on the back of the block it comes out of the harness near the oil filter and alternator. It has a red and a black wire, the red wire has a tracer but I can't remember off hand what color it was. Anyone know if I need this or what it goes to?