Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

acura cl type S 6 speed

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default acura cl type S 6 speed

I have researched for a while and have found the h2d h2b adapter kit kinda stupid because I have really looked at the gear ratios and the best one out seems to be the RSX 6 speed type S or type R if you could find one... and I need something that fits f series and h series my girl friend has the 2003 CL type S which is a six speed and in theory could fit h/f series right Now im just wondering if anyone has done this ... This guy that has this tranny is telling me is will fit but I dunno so I turn to honda-tech I heard of people making the accord v6 automatic into 6 speed with this tranny so does anyone know if the accord tranny or cl type s tranny will fit the h/f series block...

Old 05-19-2008, 04:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: acura cl type S 6 speed (cdownin)

There are no "best" gear ratio's.

If you think the H2B kit is "kinda stupid" you have a lot to learn.

And by the way, the K series spin the opposite direction as the F/H/B/D, so you would have six reverse gears and one forward, if you even managed to get the two together.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: acura cl type S 6 speed (gibsanez)

well for the price of the h2b kit I could just get custom gears made and if you know anything about racing there is a thing called best gear ratios for accerleration, and top speed etc. That is a HUGE part in road racing and drag racing this why some cars get out of the turns faster and others pass on the straight away. I wish bisimoto would share the gear ratios he ran 9 seconds with because they weren't stock and I would say they are one of the best gear ratios. Anyway I guess I will got with custom gears in the h22 or change the final drive i dunno
Old 05-19-2008, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Obviously there is a difference in ideal gear ratio's for Top speed compared to acceleration, but I can't read your mind now can I? What would you say to a statement such as "the best ones out seem to be RSX 6 speed". Best for what?

The H2B kit wasn't designed for H series guys looking for better transmissions, it was designed for B series guys looking for bigger engines.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

when i say the best ones out... that would mean the ones with the best acceleration and top speed and ctr tranny with way "better" than a prelude tranny and any chassis.... yes some transmissions are better than others and the ones with custom gears are a lot better than almost any stock gear box not including six speed type s
Old 05-20-2008, 09:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cdownin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yes some transmissions are better than others and the ones with custom gears are a lot better than almost any stock gear box not including six speed type s</TD></TR></TABLE>

So you're saying the stock type S 6 speed transmission is better than a custom geared trans, designed specifically for individual needs?

Why am I even feeding the trolls, nevermind.